Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

stupid german songs in my weekly playlist

stupid german songs in my weekly playlist

i wanted to ask how the **bleep** can i unlike all the **bleep**ing gerrman songs i could accidentally like on the radio, only song from the radio i ever like was a **bleep**ing german rap song and it was accident, and now it gives me some **bleep**ty german and french/russia rap. What te **bleep** is this **bleep**, i pay for it to only make me angry. Where can i unlike all these **bleep**ing songs from te past why this program is so poor in options **bleep**.

15 Replies

Hey there @Rademer, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out 🙂 Currently it's not possible to undo giving thumbs up/down to a track but you can vote and leave feedback for this idea here. Also, just to clarify, do you get songs in your Discover Weekly playlist that are not exactly right to your listening taste? If so, just keep streaming your favorite tracks (not on a Private Session though) so that Spotify can learn your taste better. You can read more about it here.

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hello Kate,

I am having the exact same problem and I didn't like any german song, but it just keeps showing up in my Discover weekly and it is very annoying, since more than half of my DW consists of german songs, and it annoys me quite a lot... What can I do in order to avoid this????????

Hello Kate, 

Im affraid that your answer is not of any help to me.

@KatesHere  If so, just keep streaming your favorite tracks (not on a Private Session though) so that Spotify can learn your taste better.

How could Spotify push me to listen to german songs when i DO NOT stream any german songs? I started to dislike artists in app but i dont think it is helping.

Isnt there any way to avoid german songs not only in DW but also in Daily Mix? But not just streaming favorite tracks (which im doing).

Thank You. 

I have the same problem. I don't listen, nor liked any german song but I keep getting more and more in my "Discover weekly" playlist. I've started disliking the authors but that seems to be counterproductive.

Maybe you have a bug in you AI algorithms?

Exact same problem, really annoying :s

The solution does not help at all

Hey there, 

I have the exact problem since I have the premium account. Unfortunately, I could not even listen to my weekly discovery playlist even once because it is full of German songs which I never listened in my life and even though I click on dislike button they are keep coming every week. So, I am thinking that you are promoting these songs? Because many people have this problem. 

I basically can't use what I am paying for which is weekly discovery...

There were 7 German songs in my playlist this week.

It probably has something to do with my location, I live on the border between Belgium and The Netherlands. 50 km from Germany.

Recently I lived in Canada for about 3 years where I didn't have all these German songs cluttering  my Discovery Weekly playlist.

Untitled-1.jpg

I have the same issue but with Dutch music. Never liked, listened (freely) to a single dutch song. I listen to a extremely small amount of French and sweedish music, but non of those appear in my lists. I live in Norway and have never had any links to dutch music or lifestyle in any way..

I usually have 2-3 songs in dutch pr week.

Same with me, English native, live in Norway and get a lot of Dutch artists in my DM and DW playlists. Flagging "Don't like this artist" helps nada! Probably will get Spanish songs now he he!

Hey there @JohnPC1,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Currently Discover Weeekly recommends regional music but the more you listen to music and Like or Dislike songs, the better the recommendations will become.  

Question - when you flag an artist, have you seen the same artist appear again in your Discover Weekly? Or do you see songs from other artists in the same language?

Keep us posted 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Again a new Discover Weekly has included artists from Holland! Also, Swedish artists often appear.
If I flag an artist I haven't noticed them again, but other artists in the same language come up all too often.
All in all, the latest modifications are ruining the experience we had before. Maybe time to reflect on the old saying:
If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Regards
John

Hey @JohnPC1,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Have you seen any improvements in the Discover Weekly suggestions you've been getting lately?

If not, it might be worth securing your account to make sure that no one else is using it without your permission. You can follow the steps listed in this support article.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

My Release Radar is also full of German music. I tried going through it and banning every single German language artist on there, but it didn’t seem to help at all. I think I’ve listened to _one_ German language song on Spotify, ever. It was a big 80s hit, nothing at all like what Spotify keeps suggesting. And no, my account hasn’t been hacked (99.9% sure).

Here’s what my Release Radar looks like:

80% weird German music

5% classical music (I do listen to classical occasionally)

5% cover versions of songs I like (but I don’t want this)

5% songs I already liked

5% other songs I don’t like

So there’s nothing there for me.

Discover Weekly has a lot of Scandinavian music and other weirdness (but not so much German). The recommended music at the bottom of my playlist used to be good, but now it’s full of songs I don’t like and there’s no way to get rid of those to make room for new suggestions so that feature is “used up”.

My best theory is that because I like a lot of different music the Spotify recommendation algorithm gets confused and ends up in a weird place. But I really don’t know.

I have exactly the same issue, easily between five and ten German songs that I have to block manually, that's so annoying. I have a big playlist with hundreds of likes, no one for German artists. The discovery weekly is a mess.

I can confirm this.  In addition to German and Dutch I also now get Polish (!) in Release Radar and Discover Weekly.  I also get a lot of genres I never play and don't like (rap and soul).

This is my latest RR playlist.

Capture.PNG

Suggested posts