what does the Post to Facebook button do in the desktop app?

Solved!

what does the Post to Facebook button do in the desktop app?

keith_uk
Casual Listener

facebookbutton1.jpgfacebookbutton1.jpg

Obviously, it posts to Facebook, but what does it post? When is the button "on" and when is it "off".  Is it going to inform me before posting? Where is this documented?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: what does the Post to Facebook button do in the desktop app?

Joe
Community Legend

Right. If enabled, it posts your listening to your facebook timeline automatically with no intervention on your part. Your facebook friends can see what you've been listening to.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

This FAQ may answer your questions but please ask if not.

keith_uk
Casual Listener

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that FAQ, but it didn't mention anything about the button.  I'd just downloaded and installed Spotify, however after I'd posted my message it prompted me to click a button to  update to the latest version (!?). After doing that, the button seems to have disappeared, so perhaps it was part of an older version.

Joe
Community Legend

Hmmm........it should still be there in the activity sharing section unless your account isn't linked to facebook maybe.

keith_uk
Casual Listener

11-01-2014 00-57-10.jpg

There is now a button in the preferences section, as above. The other one was in the main interface. I've unticked the Share on Facebook button. I still haven't found any information on what is shared, or what control I have over it. The FAQ that you linked to talks about explicitly sharing, but the button above gives me the impression that it wants to share information automatically, without my intervention. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Right. If enabled, it posts your listening to your facebook timeline automatically with no intervention on your part. Your facebook friends can see what you've been listening to.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS