Announcements

why did you choose to use Spotify?

why did you choose to use Spotify?

Heythatsme
Rising Star 16
Rising Star 16

There are a lot of other music apps that you could use to listen to music so why did you choose to use Spotify and not some other music app? What Feature etc. let you choose Spotify?

HeythatsmeRising Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
11 Replies

Re: why did you choose to use Spotify?

Joel-M
Composer

Hey @Heythatsme,

Thank you for asking that question! The reason I chose Spotify was that most of my friends are on Spotify and not on other Music Platforms. I chose Spotify because it has the "friends activity" I really like their format on Desktop and it keeps getting better and better. I like how you can publically show you're recently "played" artists.

One of the reasons was its price. I am part of a Family Plan with 6 people and only $15 a month. A Super Great Deal! Only $2.50 a month for one person in the Plan! That is why we chose it for Spotify! We chose it because it was super cheap and it had great reviews. And I am glad my family made the right decision on doing the Family Plan.

Hope you know partly why I chose Spotify as my main music streaming service. I would love to hear @Heythatsme, at why you chose Spotify.

CsyeCokTheSolly
Music Fan

I chose Spotify for only one reason:
Nonagon Infinity, and I ended up listening to a lotta other music.
I just like to listen to music in Spotify now.

Heythatsme
Rising Star 16
Rising Star 16

Hey @Joel-M,

Thanks for asking that question and I'm sorry for taking so long in answering.

I choose Spotify because I used to have an Samsung Phone, and Apple Music is just available with an iPhone, and Google Play Music wasn't a big thing back then when I got my first Spotify Account.

HeythatsmeRising Star 16

AdSR
Gig Goer

A couple of my friends had Spotify. I tried it free and decided it would do just fine. Not all of the music I wanted was there but there was enough. The price is right, it is simple and it does what I want most of the time.

I compare with other services from time to time and so far there was no incentive for me to shift. I am not inclined to pay more for even better sound quality, my hearing is not that good. I would shift, or pay more, for a better catalog and better-sounding masters (cf. loudness war) but we are at the mercy of record labels here. Everyone has the same music and if the album is poorly (re)mastered it's the same everywhere. I'm not surprised people get into vinyl again. 🙂

AyuTheHuman
Composer

My friends recommended spotify, so I decided to use it.

I think I read about spotify before, a tweet I think from an artist saying their song hit a certain number of views on spotify, so I got curious, and I'm pretty satisfied since there is a variety of J-pop, and K-pop as well ^w^

Spotify helped me discover other songs as well, something out of my comfort zone.

Flanstario1
Composer

My brother is on spotify since 2014 and i joined spotify  end 2015  more precisely (in November 2015). 

at first I was on itunes  (Ipod) and you have to download music and sometimes on some sites it was illegal. 

on the itunes the songs is pay for listen and i not download since lived to the message of the HADOPI on the download illegal. 

Right Now, for we more the recommended for songs of  various playlist for made for me. 

right now, for music is better at the moment

Sebasty
Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

I chose Spotify because that was the only platform any of us knew about that wasn't Youtube. : ) Free tier was what lured all of us in.... 👀

I haven't had any reason to switch platforms either. Very convenient partly because of my long listener history and partly because of features, and a great API.

SebastyRock Star 18

Katerina

+1 on what @Sebasty said!

I was briefly in uni abroad and Spotify was a big thing there. Once I found out that there was a free tier and there was a neat desktop app, I started using it massively. Have not looked back since 😄

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

TreyAnastasio
Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

I believe I started using Spotify in 2013 or 2014, perhaps for a similar reason as for @Flanstario1: I knew that my brother was using it, and I was curious to try out the app as well. I was also in the scenario that @Sebasty mentioned, in which I wasn’t familiar with any other streaming platforms at the time (I also didn’t know much about Spotify either, other than that it is an app for listening to music). However, I soon found that I really enjoyed listening to music on Spotify; and since then, I haven’t felt a need to try out any other streaming platform. Cheers!

TreyAnastasioRock Star 6
SUGGESTED POSTS