Spotify Announcements

Community Manager
One thousand kudos. That's a ton!
Five blog posts, surely you're a Maverick?!
Thanks for taking part in the Spotify Community this week, as we celebrate its third anniversary!
Wow! Three years; you're practically a veteran.

Introducing the Spotify Play Button

[ Edited ]

Yesterday, we announced the Spotify Play Button, a wonderful new way of integrating Spotify content within blogs, websites and other social networks.

The Spotify Play Button is a simple yet extremely powerful music widget that makes it easier than ever to deliver all the world’s music to fans of your website or blog. Adding the Spotify Play Button to your Tumblr, website or social page will light it up with music in a flash and feature any song, album or playlist. To enjoy the tunes, all you have to do is hit Play. Totally free. Totally instant. Totally awesome.

For more information about the Spotify Play Button, check out our blog post and developer site.

Community Legend

Re: Introducing the Spotify Play Button

This comes very handy for my project Bungalow, which aims to be a open source framework for html5 apps, and should also be able to run simpler spotify apps

http://bitly.com/Hviv5T

Regular

Are listeners required to have Spotify installed on their computer/phone to play shared music?

Community Legend

Yes. Spotify is required.

Spotify Premium for music listening, user since April 2009. 100M cable modem and 1M mobile network.
Community Legend

Love the widget!

Love the widget!

How the heck you added this??? Trying for hours now.  Ano...

How the heck you added this??? Trying for hours now.

Another try...
Spotify Premium for music listening, user since April 2009. 100M cable modem and 1M mobile network.
Community Legend

Wow, why this works now?   Another try... Sorry...  Can't...

Wow, why this works now?

Another try... Sorry...

Can't believe. Who changed something in this Community? Now works.
Community Manager
Thanks for taking part in the Spotify Community this week, as we celebrate its third anniversary!

Broken play button

Is the play button appearing broken for anyone else?

I may have made a community change which caused this.  I'd like to know if I'm the only one seeing this.

Community Legend

Hey, I see normally this music box and play button.   For...

Hey, I see normally this music box and play button.

For while I saw 404 error in music boxes.

Community Manager

Play Button Errors

The Spotify website was down for a few minutes last night.  It seems we were viewing the errors during that window.  

Don't hesitate to let us know if any of you guys experience any issues with the play button.  

Announcements
Test Spotify Connect
Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.