Why can't I log in to Spotify?

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Answer:

We know it’s annoying when you can’t log in, so let’s start with some basic troubleshooting:

• Check that you have an active internet connection.
  • Make sure you’re on the right login screen:
    If you made your account with a username and password, enter those and tap LOG IN.
    If you made your account with Facebook, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK. You can also log in through the username field by using the email address linked to your Spotify account, and your correct password.
  • If you’re a Free user, you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days at a time. Reconnect to Spotify from the country you signed up in, or change your country settings.
  • Close and reopen the app.
  • Restart the device you’re using Spotify on.
  • Reinstall Spotify.
  • Check @SpotifyStatus for any current issues.

I signed up with Facebook but have deactivated my Facebook account

If you’ve deactivated your Facebook account, you won’t be able to login. You need to either reactivate Facebook or create a new Spotify account. There's more info in this Spotify Answer.

I forgot my password!

If you forgot your password, you can reset it:

1. Go to Spotify.com.
    • If you see your username in the upper-right corner, click there, then select LOG OUT.
    • If you see LOG IN in the upper-right corner, just go to the next step below.
  2. Then go here to reset your password. We'll then send you an email with a link to create a new password. 

Note: If you don’t receive the reset password email, check your junk/spam filters.

Note: If you can’t access the email address we’re sending the reset to, contact us so we can change the email address for the account.

I’m getting a message that says my “password reset link is not valid, or already used”.

Try opening the password reset link in a private browsing or Incognito window.

Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.