Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

original-4.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Andrew!

Jordi

RockStars3.png

Our Community Rock Stars with the Blog Maverick role can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. This Backstage Intro interview submission comes from Rock Star @Jordi

Hello Andrew (aka Community Rock Star Swanny), nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself. Andrew

I'm a 23-year-old IT systems engineer, studying my Bachelor of IT part-time on the side. Working at a computer all day, music is good for drowning out the background noise and helping me focus to get the job done. I also always have to have music playing when I'm driving out and about. I'm in love with my car's new sound system that I got put in a while ago.

So, what kind of music are you into?

I'm fairly into rock music, with a mix of metal and heavy rock. On the other hand, I like to listen to techno/trance music, which I find is really good background music while studying. Anything to get that adrenaline kicking in, and whatever sounds good with the sub in my car is a win! I'm addicted to Bullet for my Valentine's new single "No Way Out".

Spotify Running has been announced. What sport(s) do you play, or would you like to play in your spare time?

Never been a huge sports fan (never got picked for teams at school, boo) but one day when I have the motivation I'll take up jogging just to show off Spotify Running. One of my most recent memories over summer was kicking the ball around the beach with a few mates and a few beers. Got sunburnt but it was totally worth it. So, uhh, does that count? Just for kicks, a good Aussie tune to listen to while sitting back with a few beers on a hot Aussie summer day: Act your Age - Bills n Eso.

Last week Sweden won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Heroes". Which artist and track would you send to represent your country in the contest? Why would they definitely win?

Ah jeez, who did we send to Eurovision from Australia? Guy Sebastian, I believe? He won Australian Idol back in 2003 from what I recall. I always preferred Shannon Noll who was the runner-up winner, he always felt a lot more like your typical Aussie bloke. It wasn't a bad song at all that he sang for the finale.

I don't think he does much in the way of music anymore, but I'd say why not? Send him.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

Here's a music themed one:

What rock group has four men that don't sing?
Mount Rushmore

Thanks guys, I'm here all week!

3 Comments
Swanny

Thanks Jordi! Pleasure to be featured ;D

kbrooksc

nice to meet you!

MichaelW

Nice to meet you @Swanny

About Australia.. I love Sea Patrol (tv show), how about you?