Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage-pass.png

Backstage Intro: Meet Rodrigo!

Jordi

RockStars3.png

Our Community Rock Stars with the Blog Maverick role can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. This Backstage Intro interview submission comes from Rock Star @Jordi

Hello Rodrigo, nice to meet you. Tell us a little about yourself. Rodrigo

Hello! My name is Rodrigo and I live in the North region of Brazil, in the city of Belém. I'm 16 and it's my last year of high school. In my free time, I'm either reading, watching movies or TV shows or listening to music!

So, what kind of music are you into?

I don't have exactly a favorite genre, I'm always looking for new things and adding whatever I enjoy to my playlists, and the Pitchfork app (combined with my current mood) helps a lot! But, if I had to pick, it'd definitely be Indie. I also check the top lists frequently, to catch up with everyone! 
While I type this, I'm listening to "Capital Cities - Origami" and "Imagine Dragons - Amsterdam" is queued. I discovered these artists recently (looks like I'm late to their parties...) and I can already say they're getting permanent spots in my playlists! 

The festival season is about to begin. If you have the chance to attend to any festival in the world. Which one would it be and why?

Rock in Rio hands down! I've never been to a festival before, but it would be awesome to begin with this one! The major reason I'm choosing this one is because a lot of music legends, both national and international, will be playing there! Queen, Metallica, Elton John, Paralamas do Sucesso... the list goes on! 

Your country asked you to represent 2 local tracks, which tracks would you choose?

I'd pick two tracks by Legião Urbana. They were a national rock band from the 80's and 90's and they definitely left their mark, their songs are alive even nowadays! Their lyrics are beautiful, and so is the melody. They made a lot of great tracks, it's really hard to choose only two favorite ones! I'd choose two from these: "Tempo Perdido", "Pais e Filhos", "Eduardo e Mônica", "Faroeste Caboclo", "Geração Coca-Cola"... I'm going to stop here, but I could go on!

Also, a shoutout for Spotify for having these tracks available! It's really hard to find oldies on streaming services!

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

Thanks! It was great! I'll just drop this here:

Joke

5 Comments
OviiiOne

Nice to meet you @Rodrigo!

Erkan_Yılmaz

Olá @Rodrigo.
Thx also to @Jordi for conducting the interview

Amarro

Nice to meet you @Rodrigo 🙂

ErickRGuetta

Welcome Rodrigo! My second name is Rodrigo too (: Hope to see you around!

Rafael

Ae Rodrigo!

Prazer conhecer-te (nice to meet you).

And great tracks!