Backstage Intro
Meet the Stars

Backstage Intros: Meet Dinomight

Jamie
Who are you? 

My name is Brett.

Brett.jpg

Tell us a bit about yourself. 

I'm 30 years old, live in Texas, USA, graduated from university in 2008 with a degree in Graphic Design, and I now work as a freelance graphic designer. I started out doing this about a year ago part time in addition to my regular job, and it's now my primary form of work.

Favourite cartoon from your childhood and why?!

Doug was my favorite childhood cartoon. I loved the fantasy sequences as I've always enjoyed imaginative stuff like that, and I liked that the character was just an ordinary kid like me working through school. Very relatable.

Music is everything. Which album changed your life?

Ceremonials by Florence + The Machine. I listened to this album over and over when it came out, and it was really my gateway to alternatives to the classic rock I'd listened to most of the time I was growing up. I pretty much tuned out a lot of the music that came out in my generation and was drawn to older material. But, Ceremonials was phenomenal and since then I've been constantly discovering all kinds of great artists and tracks. I love being able to appreciate quite a wide range of music now.

What are you most proud of?

I'm most proud of taking the initiative to start my freelance graphic design career and becoming more and more successful at it. It was a little scary to venture out like that but completely worth it for the opportunities it's opened.

Your Community username is dinomight. Is there a cool story behind this? I'm expecting something that rivals Jurassic Park in terms of drama, excitement and fatalities.

Hate to disappoint but no major drama or any fatalities in this one, though Jurassic Park is an all time favorite haha. I've always been fascinated by dinosaurs, to the point my original plan was to be a paleontologist. I steered away from that into something more artistic, but I've never lost that interest and I like to find ways to incorporate that into my usernames from time to time.

Bart Simpson's is "Ay, caramba!", Gary Coleman's is "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?", mine is "I'mmmm a ninja!', so I guess my question is, what's your catchphrase?

“You did not really just say that…” (Yes, that's the catchphrase.)

Finally, tell us your best joke?

An elderly man starts to believe his wife’s hearing is in decline. He wants to make sure before he says something to her about it, so one evening he sneaks up behind her, whispering, “Can you hear me?”

No response, so he asks a little louder, “Can you hear me?”

Still no reply, so he asks one more time, louder still, “Can you hear me?”

His wife turns around, exclaiming, “For the third time, I said yes, I hear you!”

Keep an eye on the Community Blog for another Backstage Intro next week!

7 Comments