Introducing the Spotify Play Button

Community Manager
Community Manager
‎2012-04-11 12:07 PM

Yesterday, we announced the Spotify Play Button, a wonderful new way of integrating Spotify content within blogs, websites and other social networks.

The Spotify Play Button is a simple yet extremely powerful music widget that makes it easier than ever to deliver all the world’s music to fans of your website or blog. Adding the Spotify Play Button to your Tumblr, website or social page will light it up with music in a flash and feature any song, album or playlist. To enjoy the tunes, all you have to do is hit Play. Totally free. Totally instant. Totally awesome.

For more information about the Spotify Play Button, check out our blog post and developer site.

41 Comments
Community Legend

This comes very handy for my project Bungalow, which aims to be a open source framework for html5 apps, and should also be able to run simpler spotify apps

http://bitly.com/Hviv5T

seagrape
Regular

Are listeners required to have Spotify installed on their computer/phone to play shared music?

Community Legend

Yes. Spotify is required.

Community Legend

Love the widget!

Community Legend

How the heck you added this??? Trying for hours now.

Another try...
Community Legend

Wow, why this works now?

Another try... Sorry...

Can't believe. Who changed something in this Community? Now works.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is the play button appearing broken for anyone else?

I may have made a community change which caused this.  I'd like to know if I'm the only one seeing this.

Community Legend

Hey, I see normally this music box and play button.

For while I saw 404 error in music boxes.

Community Manager
Community Manager

The Spotify website was down for a few minutes last night.  It seems we were viewing the errors during that window.  

Don't hesitate to let us know if any of you guys experience any issues with the play button.  

Actuzik
Regular

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:1113573439:playlist:2tNXfMkEmDmJbigRzMXBmv" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe> 

I didn't manage to use the spotify play button on my facebook page ! Can someone help me ? What have I to do with this link ?

Actuzik, try pasting the code in the HTML section of the reply box, rather than Rich Text.

Also, on Facebook where are you posting the code? Try just using the HTTP link instead.

Actuzik
Regular

When I try to post the Embed Code in the HTML section, this message appears :

" Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied. "

I don't understand because when I use the generator of Play Button and when I paste the URI code of my playlist, the preview seems OK !

On facebook, I posted the code as a statu in the box " Write something..." !

Does the Facebook status box support HTML? I'm not sure if it does.
Actuzik
Regular

I'm not sure neither... So what can I do ?

Well, copying a Spotify HTTP link into your status box will bring up a Facebook play button. Does that work for you?
Actuzik
Regular

Absolutely, that works this way...  Thanks for your help ! (and sorry for my bad English ! )

No problem, I learnt something too here.
Community Legend

When using Visual studio the play button does not work, causes Spotify to crash occasionally.

Community Legend

Oh Spotify. You surprised me... Thank you for adding Get Embed Code to Spotify!!!

Let's try.

Also thank you for ability to Radio with selected Playlist. Good new feature I requested too.

But this Embed Music Box does not work anymore here in Community. "Please correct the highlighted errors and try again".

chrisdq82
Music Lover

like it! will see if this works with my companies website