Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Ideas Review - April 2015

meahtenoha

April 2015 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 30 days.

We're here to take a look at the ideas we updated for you all in February. Curious what we implemented last year? Well check out our Yearly Ideas Review: 2014 here

IMPLEMENTED:

1. Starting a radio plays song you choose as the base.

We're happy to announce this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

WATCH THIS SPACE:

2. [Desktop] bring back new song indicator inside playlists.

3. Bring back artist/song info in the title bar [Windows].

4. [Desktop] Bring back search inside Playlists and Songs tab

5. [Desktop] Restore Cache Location Specification

GOOD IDEA, GIVE IT KUDOS:

6. Add Last.fm support to PS3/PS4 app.

playstation.jpeg

UNDER CONSIDERATION:

7. [Desktop][Windows] Return Spotify to the system tray.  

8[Desktop] Bring back volume normalization toggle.

9. Keep the playlist/ album header at the top of the page.

NEW IDEAS:

10. [Your Music] Section in "Your Music" to list artists to check out later.

11. [Mobile] album cover view for "Your Music".

Got an idea? Share it here.

We're constantly bringing your feedback about Spotify back to headquarters. Please keep bringing your ideas to the Community so we can be sure your voice is heard.

spotify:track:5NLuC70kZQv8q34QyQa1DP:small

spotify-footer.png

10 Comments
Croatoan

Some comments from reddit about the last big "update", so you know how much it sucked: 

"New update is a DISASTER. Whoever greenlighted it should be fired. Really hate the activity feed now."

"I'm f*cking furious with the update. It broke all my playlists with local songs. Runs like a pig when I go to local files. Thinking about going to GPM because of this. I can't believe they'd push this update to the pay people."

"Yeah, I'm done. Canceled and moved to GPM."

"I don't think there's a single piece of software in existence that you can be sure will get worse with every single update like Spotify does."

"This is the worst update to an application in history"

"I feel like downgrading and using the "no auto update" trick makes it worth sticking with Spotify."

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/2z5qpe/new_update_1011060gc75ebdfd_mega_discussion/

Streck0

It speaks for itself that 6 out of the 11 listed ideas are about bringing back old features that were removed in v1.0.1 of the desktop app. Well done, Spotify! I'm already looking forward to the proud announcement that these "new ideas" have been implemented...

dragnier

Volume Normalization on Mobile is an idea that's been around for a bit and really needs to be addressed despite currently being labeled as Not Right Now. I'm tired of blowing out my eardrums in the car with Spotify on shuffle. And I don't mean a little difference in loudness... I mean that I need to half the volume to get them anywhere close to the same level. I honestly never noticed this on my old phone which had Beats audio, but my new phone doesn't have that feature. Something about Beats must have been handling the normalization on the old phone.

lamata

One thing I would love to see is if you right click on on a song, you would have the option to "view playlists I'm in". As someone who likes to find new music by going through user created playlists, if I find a song I like, especially an uncommon song that may have <1000-5000 plays, it would be cool to have the option to see other playlists people have this song in so I could find similar songs. 

An example would be if I came across a song on the internet, like "Humpty Dumpty" by Marc Moulin. I want to add it to my spotify funk/jazz playlist so I find it on spotify and there it is. Now, lets say I want to find so more music with a similar sound. Right now my only option is to look in the related artists, but since this artist has a variety of different types of music, some of the related artists dont have music that I am looking for because I am looking for a music that is similar to this particular song. I would then right click on the track, and select the "view playlists I'm in" option and I would be brought to a list of user created playlists that contain the song I clicked on, possibly sorted by number of followers. For "Humpty Dumpty", maybe another user had created a "Rare jazz funk vinyl" playlist that contains this song that I may never have come across unless I had this option. 

Having this feature would make it easier to find new music related to music that I already like, but may be hard to find on its own.

RyanWild

Could you add a calender, which automatically puts in when and where artists you follow are playing gigs / events? Maybe have notifications scroll up in the feed as they are announced etc?