Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

monthly-ideas-review2.png

Monthly Ideas Review - February 2015

meahtenoha

February 2015 Ideas Review

Every month the Community Team reviews our Ideas Board and present the ones we’ve updated in the past 28 days.

We're here to take a look at the ideas we updated for you all in February. Curious what we implemented last year? Well check out our Yearly Ideas Review: 2014 here

This month we updated a lot of ideas that reached the 100+ kudos requirement to the "good idea, give it some kudos" idea status.

IMPLEMENTED:

1. [Desktop] display song lyrics.

GOOD IDEA, GIVE IT SOME KUDOS:

2. Smart offline mode for mobile apps.

3. Shuffle shouldn't repeat a song until X% of the rest of the playlist has been played.

4. Rearrange tracks inside a playlist (Android)

5. Organize 'Your Music' by genre.

6. Grouped album or artist view in playlist.

7. Explicit vs. edited for mobile

8. Delete song from playlist in 'now playing 'menu

NEW IDEAS

Here are some of the latest editions in the Spotify Idea Exchange.  

9. Activity feed: album cover instead of friend's profile pic

10. Activity feed: button to show more of a user's recent activity

11. Which playlist am I listening to

12. [Desktop] Add lyrics in a side panel 

Your opinion matters at Spotify.

We're constantly bringing your feedback about Spotify back to headquarters. Please keep bringing your ideas to the Community so we can be sure your voice is heard.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

spotify-footer.png

12 Comments
JoeThomas

Awesome ideas guys... keep it up!

Still no variety on Radio?

Fred

@user-removed  for the past week I've actually seen a huge difference in my radio (I use radio on android and iPad only since radio on the Linux client is... worse than bad). If I use playlist radio I never have a repeated track anymore and artists only get repeated once in a while. Track-based radio get some repetition but artist radio doesn't repeat tracks but the same artists get played alot. I can live with this. 🙂 

They really should work harder with it.

Variety is improved a little, but still the same artists in artist radio - it is not what I want.

I better call DJ, to play songs... Only it is too expensive...

johannesdr

Any reason why all the most popular ideas have been removed?

Got tired of people asking for chromecast support :)? Or did the almost 9000 kudo's on one idea crash the ideas system?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idc-p/1012526/highl... gives an Access Denied error message.