Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Muddro

There needs to be a blacklist. 

I will eventually stop paying for this service (which I've used for more than a year) when I get tired of interrupting whatever I'm doing to downvote Modest Mouse when those very same songs are just going to come back.  I bought this for radio.  You offer the pretense of improving the experience, yet all the actions you provide do nothing to improve it.

I want to be able to visit an artist's page and click a box that says "I hate this artist and never want to hear their music."  Then, after that - and this is the important part - I never want to hear their music again.

Krizzy
Im still baffled that they dont give a dime about us. It really kills my mood to have to skip 10 songs of the same artist just because I choose a top list in an attempt to stay up to date with current music. How is it possible that 1 artist has 10 songs in a hit list... unless they pay lots of money to Spotify...

I was just listening to a Billboard  100 on shuffle and a Drake song called Legend came on. How offensive is that song? I went to blacklist the song and found I couldn't. I don't know much Drake music so don't want to blacklist him. There are, however, artists I want to blacklist, like HillSong. I can't believe this isn't a standard feature in Spotify. We need to be able to manipulate the music coming to us so it fits our individual values. That means being able to blacklist things as well as favourite them.

Thanks for raising this idea. Now let's hope spotify prioritises this soon. If I hear too much music which is racist and offensive like the Drake song, then I will have to terminate my membership and go and start buying songs the expensive way again. 😞

andyhowie12

When I started searching for this feature I was amazed that I could not find it!!!! This is mandatory for me not just for explicit lyrics, wihich is reason enough, but also because I just hate some songs that always seems to be included on certain playlists. 

I will give 2 monnths for spotify to at least give a solid answer to this or I am cancelling my subscription. The lack of this one feature makes Pandora 100 times better!

tcostello
It's wonderful that you're giving them 2 months, however, it has been 2
YEARS and still no changes have been made.

I was sent here by the spotifycares twitter account. But seeing as how this post has been active for so long I don't know why. Hasn't this received enough Kudos to warrant even a trial period? Spotify is missing tracks (specifically the thunder rolls by garth Brooks and a few others) This service I've been debating on actualy starting a paid premium subscription instead of a trial but if all i can listen too is radio then what's the point? As many others have mentioned I can do better with just Pandora and I'd happily pay them the 35$~ a year... Yes year for this feature and much more! When my Trial ends and this isn't released I won't resubscribe. Spotify your about to loose a lot of customers because of this. My biggest issue was Drake. It's not child friendly and it's on the dang Spotify lists. Guys I'm a software developer for a living. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to implement this feature as many others have given helpful hints as to where to put it. Fix it!
jorgeartware

> "I will give 2 monnths for spotify to at least give a solid answer"

Are you kidding me, 2 Months for just a solid answer? I should invite you to move out here to México. You'll get accustomed to Mexican bureaucracy's infamous inefficiencies just fine.

A solid answer can be given within 1 day or 1 week tops if there's so much at stake that the decision is hard to make, so you can assess the full situation and consult your staff.

2 Months is more than enough to develop, test and implement a new feature on production. I'm a developer too.

MrCaira

I would love this feature, however i would like to extend it towards being able to block / exclude artists as well as single albums. I know for my self that i hate listening to music having Justin Bieber or something just as bad start playing from a playlist.. We should be allowed to exclude what ever we do NOT like.

CrazzzyDucK

I don't care how many times you put his foul music into my radio station, I simply do not want to listen to Nickelback! I would love an option to dislike artists so I don't have to stop what I'm doing to change to the next track.

Segadora

+1