Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Block / Hide / Blacklist Tracks or Artists

The Star feature should be complemented with a way to mark tracks as excluded. Those tracks would then be skipped even when included in the current playlist.
This way the enjoyment of a good album wouldn't be disrupted by tracks you don't like, while the album in its entirety can still be kept in the playlist.
The Anti-star can easily be implemented as a flipside to the regular star as they are mutually exclusive. Click the star once, the track becomes a favorite. Click again, the star icon changes to the anti-star and click a third time and either flag is gone.

A no-brainer to me.

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey, 

Thanks for coming to the Community Idea Exchange.
We're marking this idea as 'Implemented'.

The option 'Don't play this artist' is now available on iOS and Android.

You can also find more info on hiding individual tracks from playlists or albums here.

If we have any information about this on other platforms in the future, we'll report back!

Comments
Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello again!

We really think this is a brilliant idea, At the moment we are focusing on bringing more music though so this doesn't fit completely with our current goals. We will mark it as "Not right now" but that does not mean we wont implement is since it is in our backlog, so keep checking this thread for the next updates and as I said keep adding kudos and comments 🙂

Thanks so much!

Fred

Being able to block an artist, an album or a specific song completely is something that would greatly improve my listening experience. I do not quite understand the comment by @Rocio: " At the moment we are focusing on bring new more music though so this doesn´t fit completely now with our current goals". The problem is not about new music, the problem is with the music I've already listned to and found irritating/anoying/bad or for any other reason don't want to hear one more time. Blocking those, especially from all radio stations, would instead pave the way for new music to enter my speakers.

In some stations I've marked a thumbs down for tracks by one and the same artist more than 20 times, but still he comes up in the radiostation. 

I most fervently hope that you will reconsider the status for this thread and start working on a way to implement the requested feature asap.

martinforest

FIX IT NOW BEFORE I KILL MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!! I HATE SOME SONGS

trashisfree

I am so sick to death of trying to get rid of a bad song. Really the only thing I absolutely LOATHE about spotify is being unable to get rid of a song when I don't know which of 76 playlists a song is in.

trashisfree

Can someone write an addon that does this? Before I cancel my subscribtion.

ziggypig

Please add this simple feature!  Especially when you continue to slip "Lonely Island" into every single genre!  Spanish guitar being interrupted with "we should get together and **bleep** each other's mothers"???  Really?????

I "thumb down" every song, but you continue to push Lonely Island.  Please stop!  Or at least give me the option to block it.

ocarion

I was looking for this button. its not there yet.

trashisfree

Going to free version till they add blocking songs and artists. I am not paying for lack of care about your customers.

trashisfree

I'll be happy to pay again when I can block stuff. Unsubscribed a few weeks ago. Paying to hear music I hate, no way in hell, I may as well listen to Clear Channel then puke.

humble

I really want to be able to boycott a certain artist that thinks that women are punching bags. Please implement this feature!