Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the white interface

Original Post - 

Obviously we have launched the new spotify with white artist profiles and album view.

However, the white interface have no ctrl+F function, which means that I can not find a specific song within an album or artist with a search function. This takes us to a world before altavista.

- I dont like

Another problem in this white interface is that we squeezed the track info into a little box. When in album-view, a track with a couple of featured artists will not fit in this box, it is not scrollable, it is simply a secret what the song is called, and who is playing it.

- I dont like

However, the new activity field is awesome, where one can follow people very selectively, and not get music-feed from everyone you know on facebook.

- I DO LIKE!

2014-06-17

Hey guys! We’re changing this idea to “Implemented”.

Allow us to introduce Spotify’s new look. Now Spotify has a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography. You read more about these changes right here.

Comments
Marco

For those of you that don't like the white background just because it doesn't fit anymore to the old grey elements in sidebar/playlist - you could check out my light & bright skin for Windows here.

I changed the old UI colors to fit the new light elements (that can not be changed) and I must say I've got used to it. Main reason why I didn't like the new default skin was the inconsistency between new and old elements.

Artist View.jpg

Liam

@Premify

I don't think I could cope with all the brightness 😛

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello folks!

We have marked this idea as "under consideration" since the different color schemes are currently being investigated by the design team.

We will keep you all posted and bring the news.

We are listening to your feedback, so thanks a lot for it! 😉

Peter__

Another massive YEY! 🙂

I have grown to like it, but some control over colours would be nice too! 

Peter

Marco

Some people prefer to have black text on white background.

Just give us an option please. 🙂

MichaelJerzak

That is too true, as a GraphicDeisgner I know that it looks more appealing and eye catching if its black text on a white background.

spazmojack

The largest issue for me is that the color scheme is not consistent across the program. Everything but the artist pages were left in the old style so while clicking through various sections your brain is assaulted back and forth between black text on white, or white text on black. This is where the terrible design is. 

Pick one or the other, make it across the board, and stick to it.

morcegon

Now I can't change between the clean version or dirty of an album. 

johnwarner

One of the nicest things about Spotify before the last update has been the sleek no-nonsense interface, and it being unobtrusive with the dark grey / light grey text on the old interface.

As many others have said, the new 'white' interface is bulky, and GARISH the last thing I want when playing music and doing whatever else is a bright white screen projecting across my room. It's all in my face.

The colour scheme has been pretty much consistant (and pretty much great) for the last 4 years I've used it. Why the sudden change? Very confused. If you insist on playing with colour ideas at least give users the option to select back to classic mode.

mattdeco

The light color scheme in the main content pane is a big step backwards in terms of usability and aesthetic appeal. This is such a jarring change, especially considering this is the most prominent part of the app.

Please revert to the original dark color scheme and layout that us regular Spotify users have grown so accustomed to over the years. This change has really thrown off my pleasure of using the app & service.