Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments
bradavon

Good idea.

jobespierre

Splendid, been waiting for this one since i got Spotify! Loads of different functionalities possible here, but please start with a full screen now playing mode!!

thedrkknight

This is a great idea! Hey Spotify, can we expect this in a future release?

Aarnikotka

I'd really love to have some sort of full screen song/album view for Spotify. For example when my Spotify displays on my 42" TV the default list view is just ugly. This is especially bad in parties, when I don't want people the ogle at my playlists.

Norz

On Mac OS, the home theater software Plex integrates with Spotify (requires premium account), and thus gives you full-screen display:

http://www.macstories.net/news/plex-gets-spotify-integration/

Plex is Mac only, but it is based on XBMC, that is available for many OS. Don't know if XBMC integrates with Spotify though.

Also on Mac OS (10.7), there's "Full Screen Music for Spotify" that looks nice:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/full-screen-music-for-spotify/id476589056

Or the new iPad app, by using video mirroring?

IMG_0055.jpg

mulletreeve

Not only that, but the OS X desktop app ALREADY HAS "Full Screen" and "View as Album List" in the View menu...

BUT THEY ARE GREYED OUT!

WTHeck?!

And they've been in there a LONG time now...  many months.

Why create a false expectation that you're going to include a feature, then drag it's release out for months and months?

I pay for a Premium Account, so why am I looking at features in my player that I can't use?  Either release them, or if they're not ready, take them out of the frickin' menus!

The Now Playing on the iPad looks great and is exactly what i want on my Mac. Any chance you guys are bringing this to the desktop?

airforcetwo

Yes! I want to see all the beautiful album covers fullscreen! Why only a little thumbnail in the corner?

S10QaN

I'd love to have Spotify song info (song/artist/album), queue, playing from playlist, seek bar (+ time), album/song year, all this in a full screen view on my second monitor and my third monitor. Yes, several monitors at once! And still have spotify at my first monitor. This way I can have Spotify info outside, or in a different room! Or in another place in the same room. Or while I'm doing something else on my main monitor!

There are many uses to this, and I'm not the only one that need this. This feature could also be useful at parties and such.

And settings to mark/unmarks what to show, including visualization/text/info/album picture and size. 

Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello folks, first at all, sorry for the delay on updating this idea. We have a lot of them coming in every day and sometimes it is hard to prioritize.

We really love this idea and we are actually considering now the album artwork view although not full screen. At the moment we are going to mark it as "Not right now" but check this thread out for future updates. We might come back to this soon.

Thanks a lot for all your ideas, we really appreciate this. 🙂