Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
mpw204

I said a few pages back that I would be quitting Spotify because of this issue, and today I finally made that statement true. Earlier this week I started a Google Play Music free trial, and while it is lacking in the social features that Spotify shines at, it does not put any unnecessary caps on my collection. The fact that I am able to upload up to 20,000 of my own songs to the service is a pretty great feature as well. I buy/download a lot of live recordings that do not make it to the streaming services, and it is great that I can now access that music anywhere.

I gave Spotify more than enough time to resolve the problem and allow me to save an unlimited number of songs/albums/artists to my collection, but it does not seem like they care about the users in this thread. It is incredibly disappointing that I am losing a great number of playlists and will have to work on re-building my library on Google, but at least I know I won't hit a wall at 10,000. Good luck to everyone else in this thread that is hoping Spotify will listen to and address their concerns. I wouldn't bet on it though. Seems Spotify wants to be designed solely for people who create playlists and not those who want the easiest access to all the artists and albums that they enjoy.

SubzeroSC

It looks like "Your Music" is simply a rebranded playlist. The ~10 000 song limit is present on any playlist and it looks like this is the hole issue. Spotify simply relies on everything being a playlist. There is not such thing as "Your Music" feature it is a rebranded playlist with added funtionality of sort of useful sorting by albums/artist/songs.

Unfortunately as you see this limit of 10k in a playlist has been reported almost 2 years ago and still has a "New Idea" tag. I still have 1.5 months of paid Premium service so I will stick around for that time and will probably go to competitors to use their paid services after that if there is not update on this ISSUE.

None_Value

Not much to add, but I had to cancel premium because of this. I thought spotify could be a collection of my music, but I guess I have to rip my CDs after all. 

You could have saved me some time, if this issue had been made clear before I subscribed. And why do I have to search in forums to find out why my albums aren't saved anymore ?! Couldn't you just show pop-up a warnig, when the max amount is reached.

turophobe

With the 3mo/$9.99 deal, the family plan, and the native Linux client, I tried real hard to fall in love with Spotify.  With one month left, I couldn't take it anymore.  This is so, so stupid.  I'm enjoying my whole library (and better radio, and a working shuffle, and an editable queue) in Google.

So long, suckers.

TinyPerokaat

I registered just to post this. This limit is absurd and infinitely frustrating. Why Spotify won't lift it is as mysterious as it is infuriating. Please let me add more albums to my collection. I discover and listen to new albums every day, and being unable to save them has basically broken the whole experience for me. Dear Spotify team, will you please fix this? Seriously? Please? I will definitely jump to a competitor as soon as I figure out how to import my collection. Come on guys. I would get it if this was a limitation for Free accounts but as a paying customer this is just ridiculous.

SubzeroSC

For people interested in switching from Spotify's paid subscription because of their complete lack of interest to this HUGE issue for so many of us, here is some rival services options:

• Deezer has a pretty easy way to import all spotify playlists via: http://spotizr.com/ . The service provides you with option to upload your own mp3 etc. music to their cloud to make it available on every device (Android, iOS, WP Windows 8 etc.) via streaming or downloading. It also has some unique features like showing release dates for future albums/songs on the artist's pages.
  • Google Play Music All Access still does not have an way for transfering your Spotify playlists other than manually doing it but the whole Google Play Music service + the Android app do not have such ridiculous limitations and operate as interned. Yes it does not have the "activity" social features of Spotify but it is much much better for personal music collection service that allows free 20 000 songs upload to their cloud to make it available on every device via streaming or downloading + unlimited music from their service or music store. The upload your music option is available even if you are not an all access subscriber. Also this provides you with access for the Youtube Music Key service.

I still have 1 month till my subscription ends if this issue's status does not change till then I guess Google Music will have one more subscriber. 

Edit: FYI Google just updated their iOS iPhone app to be compatible with iPads and it has the new Material design gorgeous look and functionality, Spotify are on their way of losing me more and more each day they do not respond to our concerns and Google keeps adding new and new awesome stuff to their service. Only reason I an not already switched is the fact that Google does not support Windows Phone and Windows 8. If this was not true I would have been on Google's service from the start.

Levonfan

I just found out Google gives you two free months for trying their service and subscribed for it.

There seems to be an online service called "portify" helping you to take your collection from Spotify to Google, but I have not given it a try yet.

mpw204

Use pyportify to transfer Spotify playlists to Google Play Music. It involves a little use of the command line but is surprisingly easy and works pretty well. Here is a full tutorial for Mac OS X. Maybe someone else can find and link a Windows tutorial.

http://mac-how-to.wonderhowto.com/how-to/transfer-your-spotify-playlists-google-play-music-0159649/

SubzeroSC

Wake up Spotify and check this out: http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/2015/02/store-your-music-online-and-listen.html

Here is a short quote from todays Google's blog post: 

"Now you can store 50,000 songs for free and stream or download them them to your phone, tablet, computer or Chromecast."

you can't imagine how bad I want to see a similar post from Spotify but we are still stuck to not even, not being able to upload our music for private streaming but to also one of the most ridiculous 10 000 songs limit.

livejamie

Just spent hours adding albums to my library to find out it wasn't saving them at all.

No warnings, no nothing. I had to Google it myself.

I'm really pissed, this is ridiculous.

I'll be finding a different service.