Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
AlpineLakes

@Hardline wrote:

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Coordinate with your friends and use the Soundrop application. That's what I do.

Stupify

You can do that, click Listen With on Facebook and then your Spotify will change along with your friend's.

MattSuda
Some people want this within Spotify. Not everyone wants to do this through Facebook.
S10QaN

I do very not want to do it through Facebook!

Not. Facebook. Please!

freemanj

I wish it went on for longer. It seems like it cuts itself off after about 5 songs or so. 

Has this been fixed.

e.g. In Sptofy, view a profile and click, radio (or something) and just listen to what they listen to.

No facebook

iHustleMusic

I doubt you can do this on FB, and even if you could... most ppl don't post what they listen to on FB.

eventheminions

This could be a lot of fun, particularly when you want to experience a playlist you made for someone exactly as they are!

Motu

You had this in the app and it was so easy, you could just click on someone in the activity window and listen along with them. WHY REMOVE THIS AND MAKE IT SO MUCH HARDER?!??!!

benleal

Piling on here.  I'd like a "followed rplaylist" that would let me listen to music that has been played by people i follow.  Auto updates and lists music in chronological order based on date/time played and let me sort by followed person.  Help me more easily discover what my friends are listening to and not force me to inspect each one.  Since i may not know a song or artist a friend is listening to, i just want to easily see and play without having to click something between each song