Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Self Service | Device Management

Hi!

Many people are in trouble with few issues:

- Resetting Offline Devices

- Disconnecting Sessions

Many have had the situation that someone is using their credentials somewhere, and their own Streaming gets cut off

because of this. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to:

- Disconnect All Active Sessions, so nobody else could be using your credentials anymore.

Many have had the situation that they have possibly more than 3 devices that they have synced Offline files to or that one device has somehow managed to fail on the level of it showing as a Offline device twice.

- Resetting Offline Devices, so you could again sync Offline content to the devices you choose.

These combined with a Self Help / Self Service portal would solve problems that need a staff member to do things for you.

Help would be easier, faster available when you happen to need it the most.

This could be implemented to the www.spotify.com website, that needs your credentials anyway.

We just implemented a new tool that will let Premium users remove their offline devices. More info is here. As this idea technically includes two ideas and we're working on implementing the second idea in here, I'll mark this implemented. [Update - 8.4.2014] We have another self service tool to announce this week! You can now use a feature to log out from Spotify everywhere. Just head to your account overview page on Spotify.com and the option will be in the right hand corner. Enjoy!
Comments
sleepydev

I've found that a password reset kind of sorts this out but you'll still need to resync the playlists.

I can sort of understand why they haven't implimented it as here's a reasonably obvious issue when you combine it with the 30 day offline sync with no online check. In theory you could sync the device, disconnect it from the internet then deauthorise it on the web interface, allowing you to have way more than just 3 devices, albeit for a limited time. Easily sorted out though... you could do what Sky etc do and limit the number of device changes every month?

Just my 2p. Direct control over authorised devices would be useful though.

thaopham162

How do you rest your account??

basher69

I would love to be able to reset offline devices on my own.

danielle_cooper

Reseting offline devices yourself seems pretty 101 to me! Having to post in a forum is not something the gen pop user will be bothered with... 

alpacka

Seriously, how incompetent are the devs at Spotify that this 2 year old request hasn't been fixed yet? This feature has literally been in iTunes since the first release... in 2001. Not to mention that it's probably the #1 complaint I see amongst tech bloggers about why they quit Spotify.

LilFreak1321

Ive been throuigh 4 Iphones in the last 10 months and at least three phone Number changes..Now i'm having trouble playing my offline content...any help for a girl who just wants her iphone burried and her Evo back from the dead? Than for the awesome music library btw!! Many of my favorites i never thought you'd have ...at my finger tips 😄

Thnx & Keep on Rockin'!,

LilFreak1321

Goodman
Status changed to: Implemented

We just implemented a new tool that will let Premium users remove their offline devices. More info is here. As this idea technically includes two ideas and we're working on implementing the second idea in here, I'll mark this implemented.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
We just implemented a new tool that will let Premium users remove their offline devices. More info is here. As this idea technically includes two ideas and we're working on implementing the second idea in here, I'll mark this implemented. [Update - 8.4.2014] We have another self service tool to announce this week! You can now use a feature to log out from Spotify everywhere. Just head to your account overview page on Spotify.com and the option will be in the right hand corner. Enjoy!