Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect For Desktop App

To add the Spotify Connect feature to the desktop application, so it's possible to remote control desktop Spotify from a phone.

[Mod edit - clarified idea and removed second idea in post. If you'd like DLNA support in Spotify, please head here.]

2014/10/09

Hi guys,

I think the next update will have connect feature.

Meanwhile you can download the beta version here: http://download.spotify.com/beta/spotify_installer-1.0.0.477.g16adf20f-2921.exe

PC-VERSION.

You can find in the web MAC-VERSION.

Thank you all.
I love you all.

dalevich.

2014-11-14

We are thrilled to say this very popular idea is now implemented!

We’ve just released a great new Premium feature, which lets you play Spotify through your computer, using your phone or tablet as a remote. You can read more about Connect for computers here or check out the video below:

Comments
jjk77

Wow, the beta version really works. Thanks a lot @m888083582!

tsaker

Firstly, I *LOVE* this new feature, SPOT ON for what was lacking with my HTPC setup!!! 

Admittedly I have not read all 21 pages of the replies to this posting, so appologies if what I'm about to say has already been covered earlier.

1) I would love to see a volume control for the current selected playback device.  Specifically, when I'm playing back to my Windows device and controlling from my Android device, a volume control available on my Android device for the Windows device volume.  Have I missed something - perhaps it already exists?

2) I would like to have a settings option to disable screen blanking (keep it always-on) for the controlling device.

drdaz

I'd like the ability to turn this off tbh. I like the idea and all, but I don't like that my desktop client automatically gets its play queue interrupted by my mobile device's activity, even when the device *isn't* supposed to be controlling it.

This happens with iOS devices and my iMac.

To be clear, when I'm listening on my iMac I'm listening to stuff that I work to... classical, chillout etc. My iPhone typically has something more uptempo going on, like music for when I'm at the gym. I come home from the gym (even without playing anything while at home) and my iMac suddenly shows the last track I was playing at the gym. This is (from my perspective) unexpected behaviour.

Petersnee

@m888083582

Thanks again .. I have that Beta installed for a while already, but My Denon does NOT show up on the desktop version while it DOES show up on the iPhone and iPad !

Strange that your Yamaha does show up.

SirJacob

Oh my god, is this true? Will the beta desktop let me control my gramofon?

I'm gonna work from home this afternoon, thats for sure!

How could I miss this? Thanks to whoever spread the news on Twitter 🙂

https://twitter.com/Fon/status/559755235372318721

Happy happy happy!!!

Bring it to official client as well. I'll be back later with a review!

I can't get this to work.  If I download beta 1.0.0.447 I get to the logon screen and can't log in.  If i try to log in w/ fb it opens the browser and says "Spotify desktop client communication failed".

So I tried downloading 1.0.0.997 and managed to log in just fine but my Kindle Fire TV doesn't show up in the list of devices (I'm in the spotify connect app).

So no love for me.

Any idea on when this feature is being merged into the main branch?

Sorry, those versions were 1.0.0.477 and 1.0.0.995, respectively

T_pott

Would it be possible to add a feature to the Spotify connect desktop application (wich is now availale on Spotify Beta), so that the I could change the volume level on any mobile devices (phone or tablet) from my computer?

As of now it's possible to change the volume level on my computer from a mobile phone or tablet, but not the other way around. I think it would be much more smoother to also change the volume level on the mobile devices from a computer as well as changing the songs which you could do right now in the beta version.

/T_pott

Petersnee

Can someone PLEASE tell me why this Beta 1.0.0.995 does NOT see my Denon While my iPad and iPhone versions DO see it.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!

bkulick14

In addition to a desktop client, it would be awesome if you could link spotify accounts to play on more than one device. For instance if two users with spotfiy premium wanted to throw a party with seamless music in multiple rooms they should be able to temporarily link the two accounts to play the same song at the exact same time with two different devices. This would allow play the same song in different rooms/ or areas of the party.