Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Spotify Lite Version

Please can you do a second simpler, less memory-hogging and bandwidth-hogging version of Spotify? i.e., Spotify Lite (I don't have a fast computer and even optimised I have big lag problems with other programs whilst Spotify is running.)

Updated on 2019-07-09

Hey folks,

We just wanted to give you a heads up that a lite version of the Spotify app has been released on Android. 

You can check out more information about the app and its availability here.

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea!

Comments
Peter__
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

Peter__
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

Sodium

It seems that the Spotify team is very interested into the html code, as seen in the 0.8.8 update. A movement against the new code is growing among some die-hard users (for instance, me). A notable reject is observed in many posts. People are certainly disliking it, for many different reason which go from aesthetic to many bugs and steps backwards. 

Instead of cancelling the development of the HTML idea, I think that it would be a interesting that Spotify:

– implements a Spotify html5 lite website app where users may choose to connect. To sum up, like grooveshark (but hopefully better).

– develops a new client 0.9 based on your old native code, safe, efficient, attractive, cool, low CPU consuming, fast, etc. Exactly like the 0.8.5 used to be. I think that the old code can still expremely improved and implemented.

Both computer, tablet or phone users could be free to choose between both platforms.

Ultrasonepro900

Agree 100% with the OP.

REALLY hate all the nonsense with facebook integration that really looks like **bleep** if you ask me.

Give me as a Premium user the option to get rid of it.

Facebook and Music is the worst idea ever, having people spamming facebook with "listening to right now" feeds is one of the biggest turnoffs, yes you could hide it but still...

No give us premium users back the option to have a Basic/light version of the Spotify client so we can focus on the music.

Using spotimote/remoteless so I don´t have to look at the junk on the desktop.

A great idea would be to offer the possibility to download one of the old clients since the new ones usually are quite laggy.

edoheb1

i believe a way of doing this would be to have an option to turn off automatice features and apps.

mydogreadskafka

Yes, please.

Smeef

Spotify, if i cannot play computer games and have spotify on at the same time, then i will stop using spotify.

krikelin

Please do this, the Spotify client is anything else than usable for non-facebook users. I want back rsms, who had the nice design, now Spotify become more cluttered in all it's pieces.

yanogore

We can download and install old version of spotify but playback on it is requently disrupted with errors and I haven't found a 100% working way to prevent client from updating to newest version. At work I almost can't use my pc when spotify is open.

Spotify please leave facebook to facebook and concentrate on music.

satinflame

"Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter"

Hmm, well I'm vote #41 🙂