Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Update:

Good news! Spotify has announced there will be an update for the WP8 app soon.

It will receive more features and it has also been confirmed that Spotify Free for mobile will come to WP8 soon after that! 😉

hardy84
Agree. Other mobile devices get the ad-supported Spotify, why not Windows Phone (which I happen to use, as you might guess).
culloden
+1
WasStoNed

Vote from me too, I'll just use Nokia Music then.....

Khensu27

Actually fixing the current spotify app for WinPhone 8 would be a start.  Adding the free feature would be a miracle.  The only reason I don't have premium is because of all the 1-star ratings for the current app on windows phone.

bc3tech

Ridiculous we even have to explicitly request this.

*sigh*

sherlockwho

To be honest, I don;t even see why should have to vote for this.

If you have an app for Windows Phone it's just basically mean to exclude them

numberThirtyOne

I'm confused. Did iOS and Android users have to hold a vote before they got this?

cominbacktolife
+1. I don't understand why this option isn't already available for windows phone when the app exists on the platform and its being made available for free on iPhone and Android.
GCelado

Make it freeeee pleaseeee!!! WP!!!