- Premium

Country

- US

Device

- iPhone X

Operating System

Spotify iOS App Version

My Question or Issue

I am developing an app that uses an action extension to use the share action on Spotify. My friends all received an update to the app that changed their Share Menu (3-dots > share). The new version now shows the song canvas in the background.

However, it looks like this change also updated the NSActivationRule / Item to send out a text field rather than a URL. Unfortunately, my account does not see this change -- despite being on the same version number as them, so I'm unable to troubleshoot the issue and fix the app extension for the new experience.

Is there any documentation around the items that the Spotify iOS app provides? Or is it possible for me to get the new experience somehow? It would be great to be able to issue an update to support the old and new versions until it's fully rolled out. 

Things I've tried:

- Restart phone

- Log out / login multiple times

- Reinstall the app

- Create a new Spotify account

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or if there is more information I can provide to help.

new-share-sheet.png
old-share-sheet.png
2 Replies

Hi @riverfoot,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing here. Do you mind restarting the Spotify app and checking to see if you have the new Share Menu now?

Hi @spotifyjosh - is there a way to manage the apps that show up on your own Spotify share sheet? Rather than having to copy a link and then paste it elsewhere, it would be great to customize.

Is there anything you could point me to in the documentation that may assist me in this?

Thanks!

Adam

Suggested posts