Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[API] Delete / Remove songs from queue

[API] Delete / Remove songs from queue

Can we please get an API endpoint that removes a song in the queue by its index or other?

Thanks.

EDIT:
3 and a half years. Wow... 
And to think that this was going to be added while i was working on my project.

49 Replies

Would also love this! Seems pretty bizarre that there's no endpoint for something which users have a big, visible button in the app for!

It’s probably client sided, seeing as youre queue doesnt persist between devices.

I have do follow and work for me:
Create a Playlist as Queuelist, load the acutal playliste as templist, change the positionens, send playlist Replace Items,
check the ProgressMs == DurationMs -1 and player play the reorderd playlist 

but an player clearQueuelist was the best way in future...😂

I would like to have this feature as well.

Bumping this, since the Twitter account told me to come here, even though I'm pretty sure I already asked for it - would REALLY BE GREAT!!! We're almost 2.5 years out!

Any update Spotify??? This is such a basic feature that your competitor, Apple Music, offers through their MusicKit API. It is honestly surprising how incomplete the API since there's a way to add a song to queue but we can't remove it? Who ships this into production and thinks it's good?

This should be something already , is there any work aroun ? ? ? 

Bump! (Really need this)

+1

Did someone find a workaround for dynamic playlist? I tried to create a temporary playlist and set it as context when starting the playback. Unfortunately when the playlist changes, it does not take over the changes to the playlist showing below the queue.

I'm guessing there's some legal ramification on the implementation of this feature as it would lend itself to jukebox style applications (which we're all apparently trying to build) that could (and most likely would) end up being used at public venues and businesses, something Spotify's policy specifically states is prohibited.

Stinks, especially since we're not getting any sort of response and just being left hanging.

In addition to the need for delete, I would also say that the "add to queue" is not enough but for simple hello world applications. It would be nice to allow specifying the index where the track has to be added (eg: beginning or end of the queue)

This is very much needed. Please consider adding it.

Any news on this feature? 
I feel like an API with the functionality of adding songs to the queue but not adding any way to remove them is just incomplete. 
Would be very nice, anyways.

Still need this feature!!!!

Still need this feature!!

It's been three years, Spotify. You need to do better.

I'm surprised deleting and clearing a user's queue isn't already part of the API. Please make this happen.

My experience with the API has been nothing but terrible. HTML error pages instead of JSON (with a status 200 as well), poor documentation (the "required" field isn't always present, sometimes it's meaningless), endpoints that constantly return 500 or 403 for no reason etc. It's very shitty and they don't seem to be doing anything to fix it, let alone add new features and endpoints and improve. Incredibly terrible.

Please add support for this.

Suggested posts