Highlighted

Re: Access to websockets

Regular

Heya @spotifyjosh

Is there any further news on this request please? 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Spotify connects to Discord using Discord's RPC protocol.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

When I first read through the API I thought I was missing something because I couldn't find what I assumed to be an obvious endpoint for a music streaming platform. I think it would be smart to assume this will be an infinitely de-prioritized issue and the Web API will remain something cool for small "toy projects".

While I think it sucks that no progress has been made on this, I think the larger problem is the veiled curtain that exists between internal development and the public. I'm assuming it's a cultural problem with the company though that any individual developer probably couldn't solve. In an ideal world we would hear answers like "A developer on our team tried to get this to working last week but it ended up requiring massive architectural changes that wouldn't be feasible right now. We are planning to release a new version of our API in a few years that should support this". Or maybe "Unfortunately, we believe this is a feature that we would like to monetize for corporate partners. If you would like to partner with us for this feature please contact our sales team."

Anyways, I think I'm crazy for imagining they would ever say something like that even in an alternate universe xD.

SUGGESTED POSTS