Apple OSA script not returning playback information for new songs

Highlighted

Re: Apple OSA script not returning playback information for new songs

Casual Listener

I am experiencing this same behavior. I just noticed it this week myself. If i play the song in the app the artist and missing items appear. but playing on the desktop they items disappear.

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi all, thanks again for reporting this issue. We've made a few improvements to the desktop app. Would you mind trying again in the latest version (1.1.34.422 or newer)?

Highlighted

Visitor
HI! how can I download latest version to check this? Im on 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6 and no updates appears
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Good question @cherya. It may be a while before the new version that I mentioned will show up for everyone. I will update the thread here after there is a new version you can download.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I just got the update notice, but it only seems to go up til 1.1.33.569; so I guess we have to wait a tad more.
Problem still persists in this version, but will report back once I reach 1.1.34.422
Highlighted

Regular

Hey there, thought I reach out here real quick.

I just updated spotify to 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 and noticed that all problems related to Spotify playback status on OSX are gone. The track object in OSA contains all info it should have and all my terminal addons, indicators (and even the spotify now playing bar on my touchbar) woke back to life.

Thanks for fixing this!

giphy.gif
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Still waiting for the new update. Is the only way to move to the next version is to wait until the app says it's ready? I still have not seen version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3

Waiting Patiently 🙂
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Finally got the 1.1.34.694 update today and can also confirm it's working so far! Thanks for patching this up!
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Glad to hear it! I think the latest version should be available for everybody now. Let us know if you still don't see it, @paul_1994.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I just reinstalled the app from the spotify download site, instead of waiting for the app to update.
After I installed the latest app everything is well again 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS