Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beginner Project

Solved!

Beginner Project

Hi there,

I’m currently wanting to build a website that matches users with songs based on a “music personality test” that asks questions similar to the Spotify’s song features they add to tracks (like danceability and acousticness) to then search the Spotify API for songs that relate to these aspects of the music personality test. I was wondering, how would I make calls to the API for items with a certain say danceability score? Or is this possible? Instead, would I have to make a call for a playlist of some genre and sort the scoring out through filtering code? How do I gain access to the scores of each song? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To get the audio features of several tracks, you can use the "Get Tracks' Audio Features" endpoint.

To get recommendations using those features, you can use the "Get Recommendations" endpoint.

You can use the "Get Available Genre Seeds" endpoint to get the genres you can use with the "Get Recommendations" endpoint.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

To get the audio features of several tracks, you can use the "Get Tracks' Audio Features" endpoint.

To get recommendations using those features, you can use the "Get Recommendations" endpoint.

You can use the "Get Available Genre Seeds" endpoint to get the genres you can use with the "Get Recommendations" endpoint.

Perfect. Thank you so much!!

Suggested posts