Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Difficult questions about commercial use

Difficult questions about commercial use

For example, if a user who has purchased a tool that can control playback obtains an API key and assigns that key to a product, will that lead to commercial use?

3 Replies

Is the idea here that instead of the developer of the tool registering an application to the tool, the responsibility would be on the user to register their own app and provide the API key to the tool, but the tool provides the necessary/functionality? I would guess this might constitute commercial use because it's requiring the end user to make a purchase before accessing the playback functionality, but I also don't know how this could be enforced since the API/client ID would be registered to the end user and not the developer.

There is nothing wrong with that idea. However, I was worried that I was indirectly giving API keys to users, and that this would be commercial use, so I posted this.

There is nothing wrong with that idea. However, I was worried that I was indirectly giving API keys to users, and that this would be commercial use, so I posted this.

Suggested posts