Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Displaying album art in iPhone app

Solved!

Displaying album art in iPhone app

Am I allowed to load and display album art from the web API in my (published) iPhone app?

E.g. user authenticates and I want to display their liked songs in a table with the title of each song next to its album cover, like in the Spotify app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Davidorenlane, thanks for asking for help on the Community!

The Terms and Conditions say the following about using album art:

1. Metadata, cover art, and audio clip-specific restrictions. Consistent with the Branding Guidelines, any use of the metadata, cover art and Audio Preview Clips as made available through the Spotify Platform shall be accompanied by a link back to the applicable artist, album, track, or playlist on the Spotify Service together with prominent use of Spotify Marks to clearly attribute the content as being supplied and made available by Spotify. If you offer a Streaming SDA or your SDA is able to control a background Spotify Application, metadata and cover art may only be used in connection with the underlying musical content, and there shall be no playback of Spotify Content without showing relevant cover art and metadata in your SDA. You will not offer metadata, cover art, and/or Audio Preview Clips as a standalone service or product.

An important thing is not to alter the album art in any way. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good one!

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Davidorenlane, thanks for asking for help on the Community!

The Terms and Conditions say the following about using album art:

1. Metadata, cover art, and audio clip-specific restrictions. Consistent with the Branding Guidelines, any use of the metadata, cover art and Audio Preview Clips as made available through the Spotify Platform shall be accompanied by a link back to the applicable artist, album, track, or playlist on the Spotify Service together with prominent use of Spotify Marks to clearly attribute the content as being supplied and made available by Spotify. If you offer a Streaming SDA or your SDA is able to control a background Spotify Application, metadata and cover art may only be used in connection with the underlying musical content, and there shall be no playback of Spotify Content without showing relevant cover art and metadata in your SDA. You will not offer metadata, cover art, and/or Audio Preview Clips as a standalone service or product.

An important thing is not to alter the album art in any way. Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good one!

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For the album art, is it acceptable to display it in a circular format (like a record)?  Or does it need to stay in a square like on Spotify?

Suggested posts