Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Feature Request] API Endpoint to Get Multiple Playlists

[Feature Request] API Endpoint to Get Multiple Playlists

Currently, the Web API has multiple endpoints that support getting multiple objects at once:

These are very useful to avoid hitting the rate limits that would be imposed by repeatedly using these endpoints' single object counterparts.

I think it would be great to add another endpoint similar to the ones listed above, but for playlists - "Get Multiple Playlists". For context, I am developing a web app that involves getting playlist data for many playlists, and I currently have to facilitate all of that through the Get a Playlist endpoint. As a result, I am having to work around rate limiting which isn't ideal. 

Let me know what you think!

2 Replies

Hello there!

Thanks for your question! 

Right now, there is a way to get multiple playlist by user, so you could build your query around users instead of single playlists. Would that work for you? Or maybe you could be more specific about your use case and we can suggest something better 🙂

My use case involves users being able to search for playlists by keywords using the Search for an Item endpoint, and then displaying data for playlists that match their query. The Search for an Item endpoint does not return all of the data that I would like to display to the user (such as # of playlist followers), and that data is only accessible by using the Get a Playlist endpoint. Therefore, I end up having to call Get a Playlist for each playlist that comes up in my search.

Do you have any suggestions to optimize this?

Suggested posts