Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

GET /v1/me/player/queue? and more functionality with POST /v1/me/player/queue?

Solved!

GET /v1/me/player/queue? and more functionality with POST /v1/me/player/queue?

Q1

I'm wondering if there will be a GET /v1/me/player/queue in the near future? it would return the current queue state of the playback.

Q2

Right now there is POST /v1/me/player/queue and it will add the song to the end of the queue. Is there a way to add the song as "up next" instead of waiting for the whole queue to finish?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MrBuggyBuiza, hope you're doing great!

Someone suggested this over on the Ideas board! You can give it a vote, if this is something you'd like to see: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Developer-Spotify-Web-API-Request-GET-Queu...

I'm afraid there's no endpoint to add a song as 'Up Next', however, if this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it.

Feel free to give me a shout, if you have any questions!

Happy coding,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @MrBuggyBuiza, hope you're doing great!

Someone suggested this over on the Ideas board! You can give it a vote, if this is something you'd like to see: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Developer-Spotify-Web-API-Request-GET-Queu...

I'm afraid there's no endpoint to add a song as 'Up Next', however, if this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it.

Feel free to give me a shout, if you have any questions!

Happy coding,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts