Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting severe 429 Errors (Too Many Requests Error)

Getting severe 429 Errors (Too Many Requests Error)

I'm the developer of Lyricify, which is an app for displaying scrolling lyrics for Spotify on Windows and Android. It highly relies on Get Playback State, it send the request frequently with an interval around 5-10s. And these days, 429 Rate Limit is getting more and more severe, and it's a great impact on Lyricify user experience. Since it's a lyrics app, it have to send Get Playback State frequently in order to get up-to-date playback state.

I have already optimized the app by using GSTMC, and reduced the frequency (from 2s per request to 10s per request). But still, I'm getting too many request error.

Please add a higher rate-limit to my app, so we can make both Lyricify and Spotify better!

27 Replies

I'm also facing this issue, 429 error is lowing my app's user experience too. Please increase the rate-limit.

I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this!!!

我是 Lyricify 用户,这些天我收到越来越多的 429 错误,请修复此问题!

Yes, please fix the problem that makes Lyricify difficult to use.

My name is Tiger, I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this! Thank you!

I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this!

Tell the truth Lyricify It is the best lyrics scrolling software I have ever used, but its 429 error made it unusable. Please fix this problem, thank you

I'm also facing this issue, 429 error is lowing my app's user experience too. Please increase the rate-limit.

I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this!

I am a Lyricify user. Recently, I frequently encountered problem 429 when using Lyricify, the lyrics software of Spotify. The cause may be that Lyricify frequently requests real-time status updates in the background. Please try to increase the number of API requests in a short period of time to solve this problem.

I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this!I really like this APP!

As lyrics in Spotify does not provide lyrics for most of the songs, third-party software is necessary. I’m a Lyricify user and has been experiencing more 429 errors than before while selecting songs and when the app fetches lyric information. 
Hope this issue will be fixed soon.

Dude, I have the same problem too and it ruins my experience of reading lyrics while listening to Spotify, I hope this will be fixed soon ) .

BTW, your software is the best Spotify lyrics viewing software so far ( : ! Thanks for developing such a fabulous app ! Hope everything will work fine soon ( :

I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this!!!

me too

me too

I'm a Lyricify user and these days I'm getting more and more 429 errors, please fix this

I'm also facing this issue, 429 error is lowing my app's user experience too. Please increase the rate-limit!!!

Suggested posts