Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost access to Spotify account that owns our app

Lost access to Spotify account that owns our app

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

We have lost access to the account that owns our developer app (client ID 9d6fd5c2bb744b3f875a480c16fabda4). The account was originally named "toneden", but we get a 429 error when we try to reset the password on the account and there no longer appears to be a Spotify account with that name. Would it be possible to restore that account if it was deleted, or add it to a new account? It looks like this may be affecting our rate limit quota, as our app is constantly hitting the API rate limit now.

2 Replies

Hey there, that's a very good question!

You can create a new app on a new account and change the ClientID/Secret in your code. You can then request a quota extension on the Spotify for Developers Dashboard.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi 

I've already answered this outside this forum but wanted to send a reply in case someone else finds themselves in this situation.

The account seems to have been deleted so the client id is currently orphaned.

In order to get regain access you will need to create a new user account and reach out to us here so we can verify you actually own the client id and we can transfer the ownership to the new user account. 

Suggested posts