Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My quota extension request has been denied 3 times, with an identical message.

My quota extension request has been denied 3 times, with an identical message.

Hello, I'm here wondering if anyone on the Spotify team or a community member can help provide me clarification on why my app keeps getting denied. Basically, I made a discord bot that allows server members to follow artists through Spotify, and will then ping interested parties with new-releases by that artist, it pings a spotify link to go listen to the song externally. It doesn't stream music in any way, only notifies so that server members can discuss. 

I've tried to get this approved 3 times, and both the 2nd and 3rd time begged for more clarification on their rejection, and received IDENTICAL responses. I'm convince there is no human being actually reviewing the request at this point. 

The response states that: 

Thank you for submitting Fanbot to Spotify for review. This is a notification that your submission was not approved for the following reason(s): The product or service is integrated with streams or content from another service. The application is integrated with other services (e.g. Discord) in a way that is prohibited according to section III in our Developer Policy

I'm unsure in what way my app violates section III, I've read it multiple times and asked for clarification on exactly what point, but just keep getting this response on my subsequent requests. My only theory is that Spotify assumes that I'm streaming music, but that is not at all the case since there is no account or oauth involved, and I've clarified as much in my request as well. It only notifies, and I cannot see how this violates any term. 

This is driving me crazy. Anyone have any idea?

3 Replies

Bumping this because I'm still confused.

Your quota extension request gets rejected, because your bot is an integrated with content of an other service: Discord. This is prohibited according to point 5 of section III of the Spotify Developer Policy.

That’s unlucky other apps do that

stats.fm use Apple Music now

stationhead does Apple Music.

Suggested posts