Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Update Endpoint limited to 100 tracks: How do I update an entire playlist?

Playlist Update Endpoint limited to 100 tracks: How do I update an entire playlist?

The Spotify API Playlist Update endpoint (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/reorder-or-replace-playli...) allows the client to specify 100 track URIs. 

The documentation says that the playlist will be updated accordingly, which for me implies that the playlist will essentially get cleared and those 100 items will then be added again. After all, there are 3 different cases that can happen: An item in the request already exists (and should remain in the playlist), an item in the request does not yet exist in the playlist and should therefore be added, and, the hardest case, an item in the playlist does not exist in the request and should, in my interpretation, therefore be deleted.

However, how does this work when I have playlists with more than 100 items? If I interpreted the doc correctly and it works as described above, then paging is not really possible, and the 100 items will always just be overwritten. 

2 Replies

Any ideas?

Yeah, one year later nothing has changed and I stumble on this issue as well. Have you found a solution?

Suggested posts