Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Regarding play music

Solved!

Regarding play music

I am trying to build an mobile application which can use Spotify APIs and play music (Not remote control app) just like Spotify. So far I've implemented authentication, getting playlists and tracks using web APIs. Now I can not see any API which can help me play music (or maybe I missed it). Could you please help me to achieve or tell me if this service is not provided by you?Is there a way to play music in android app using spotify sdk or web api? (I am not talking about remotely manage as sdk provided already)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cfDev, thanks for reaching out on the Developers board!

Right now, it's only possible to remote control the Spotify app with the Android SDK. The only development SDK to play music that's available right now is the Web Playback SDK, which is only supported on specific desktop browsers. 

If this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That's the best way to get your feedback to the right teams at Spotify.

Feel free to give me a shout, if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @cfDev, thanks for reaching out on the Developers board!

Right now, it's only possible to remote control the Spotify app with the Android SDK. The only development SDK to play music that's available right now is the Web Playback SDK, which is only supported on specific desktop browsers. 

If this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That's the best way to get your feedback to the right teams at Spotify.

Feel free to give me a shout, if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts