Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something went wrong error on email verification

Something went wrong error on email verification

I'm already spotify user for years, I wanted to create app using spotify api,

but in the developer dashboard, I see 'you need to verify your e-mail to create apps'

and when I click on verify on the main that spotify sent, it says something went wrong

13 Replies

I am having the same problem

Worth noting that I am also having this same issue. 

Hey all, can you let me know if this is now fixed for you?

I have the same issue. I verify but it still asking me to verify it. Support, can you please fix it from your side? thanks.

I am also a user for years but never got a email verification mail from spotify. Now I am trying to create an app then it asking for email verification. I have reached out to Spotify care on X but haven't got any valuable solution there too.

I'm also having issues verifying my email. It says "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." on the page and the console shows the following errors:

console.js:36  Error: Failed to get translation for key: back_button_aria_label in group: {}. Message: A message must be provided as a String or AST.
    at translate.ts:31:13
    at ee (BackButton.tsx:54:21)
    at ak (react-dom.production.min.js:167:135)
    at i (react-dom.production.min.js:290:335)
    at oD (react-dom.production.min.js:280:383)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:280:319
    at oO (react-dom.production.min.js:280:319)
    at oE (react-dom.production.min.js:271:86)
    at ox (react-dom.production.min.js:268:399)
    at x (scheduler.production.min.js:13:197)
    at MessagePort.T (scheduler.production.min.js:14:126)
(anonymous) @ console.js:**bleep**:**bleep**:**bleep**:**bleep**:**bleep**:260
(anonymous) @ react-dom.production.min.js:**bleep**:**bleep**:**bleep**:**bleep**:14
Show 11 more frames
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:293  Uncaught Error: Minified React error #423; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder.html?invariant=423 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.
    at i (react-dom.production.min.js:293:34)
    at oD (react-dom.production.min.js:280:383)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:280:319
    at oO (react-dom.production.min.js:280:319)
    at oE (react-dom.production.min.js:271:86)
    at ox (react-dom.production.min.js:268:399)
    at x (scheduler.production.min.js:13:197)
    at MessagePort.T (scheduler.production.min.js:14:126)

Same issue for me. Please fix Spotify 🙏

I have the same problem.

hello has anyone had a fix to this yet as im having the same issue and it seems to be a while down the track,

spotify help were not help and just told me to post here 

Screenshot (1).png

i have the same problem, I cannot verify my email address, this is absurd, even live chat support did not help with this, how soon can you get this fixed?

Have you logged in with facebook? If so, you need to go into your account settings, go to "Edit Login Methods" and then basically try and log in but don't use "Login with facebook" Click that you have forgot your password but use your same email address that you use for facebook. Reset your password with the email you get sent and that instantly sorted it for me.

I'm having the same issue!

I'm having the same issue too! Please fix

Suggested posts