Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 8.6.20 Totally Breaks iOS SDK

Spotify 8.6.20 Totally Breaks iOS SDK

Spotify version 8.6.20 totally breaks the iOS SDK. 

Via iOS SDK, our App asks Spotify if Spotify is active, Spotify returns that is not active (but it is active).  Spotify also returns a token that is no longer active. Therefore, every request from our app using Spotify iOS SDK doesn't work if user has new Spotify version 8.6.20.  Everything still works properly if user has previous Spotify versions earlier than 8.6.20.

Please Spotify fix this and post about it quickly.

6 Replies

Similar issue here 😞

Same issue here as well, reported this on Github and here, it’s been a week already. I feel since not many developers use that API, Spotify is not getting as many reports, I hope they put this to priority.

This has been fixed in the latest update to Spotify app, 8.6.22. Thanks, Spotify.

Hi Addy239, that's great news but I don't see a Spotify app update as being available in the AppStore. My Spotify app currently shows version 8.6.20.1146. When I go to the AppStore, there is no update for 8.6.22 showing. How did you learn about 8.6.22 and how did you determine that it fixed the problems? How did you get 8.6.22? I am in the USA in Eastern Time Zone, maybe (hopefully) app updates don't show up everywhere at the same time and this will show up for me soon. Thanks

Thanks for reporting this bug, folks. Our engineers found the problem and it should now be resolved for any affected version of the Spotify app. @Rzn8, are you still seeing this issue with your iOS app?

Hi Josh, sorry for delay in replying, yes, this solved the problem, thanks.  While here I have one other quick question on an unrelated issue.  We have been wondering about this for a long time.  Within iOS SDK there is no method to add a track to the end of the queue (append), the only method that we are aware of that inserts a track into the queue is enqueuetrackuri, this adds a track to queue but puts it at the top of the queue (prepend) not bottom (append).  Is there any method to append?  If not, why and might this be added?  A search about this issue online turns up developers asking about this for years.  Thank you, I look forward to your reply.

Suggested posts