Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Follow Widget Malfunction

Spotify Follow Widget Malfunction

Device: Across all devices

Hello,

I just discovered that the Spotify follow widget I have on my website is no longer working.

I used https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/generate/follow-button/ to create the code to embed a follow button for my artist page on Spotify for my website back in October and it has worked perfectly prior to my discovery this morning that there is now an error message showing where the button used to be, (see attached photo.) 

I have tried to create a new code on the above website using my artist URI and the same error message pops up. Upon trying to create a code for a different artist to see if the issue is a site wide bug, I discovered that the issue is impacting other artists, but that some artists generate a button without issue.

Please advise on how this can be corrected. Thank you.

IMG_7257.jpg
2 Replies

I noticed that this has been happening intermittently since last week. Similar experience - the widget was working fine for months prior.

Bump.

Still having the same issues. It's frustrating that the widget doesn't fail silently, but instead shows that big orange eye sore.

Suggested posts