Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify SDK and Spotify App Remote

Spotify SDK and Spotify App Remote

Hello,

i have developed an Android-Widget for Spotify. I would like to sell this App on the Google App-Store. I have already read on different places the terms and conditions, which requirements the app should follow and so on, but it is still not clear to me, if I can do it or not. I already contacted the spotify support but they cannot help me and they said to me that I can look at the community forum. I do not see any direct "contact" to spotify on the community forum, even for legal questions. So this post in this forum is the only way I can get an answer, I hope at least.

My Widget requires the Spotify native App to be installed on the Android and many features are only available for Spotify-Premium accounts. I just wan to play Spotify-Playlists of the user that is logged in with the spotify app. I use the SpotifyApi to do that. The widget does not stream form its own the music.

So my question is:
As my Widget does not streams from its own any tracks or playlist, can I sell my Widget through the Google-Store?

Best regards

Alessandro Ciccarelli

2 Replies

Hey @viabonito, thanks for reaching out!

As you're looking to use the Spotify API in a commercial project, you need to request Spotify's permission. You can find the right form in the "Create an App"-modal on developer.spotify.com/dashboard/applications. 

Hubo_0-1611575737549.png

Just click the 'permission from Spotify' link to get started with your request. Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good one,
Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Hubo,

thanks for your help and suggestions. I did it as you suggested but I have not yet received any answer. What should I do? I would like to know if I can offer my Android-Widget for a few Euro-Cent. How much longer it will take before I get an answer?

Thanks in Advance

Alessandro Ciccarelli

Suggested posts