Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web Playback SDK - seek with '0' input does not always trigger player_state_changed event

Solved!

Spotify Web Playback SDK - seek with '0' input does not always trigger player_state_changed event

Operating System, browser

Ubuntu 20.04, Chrome

My Question or Issue

Hi, when using the Web Playback SDK 'seek' seems to be working fine for all values including '0', as in the player actually jumps to the desired position in the song. However, a 'player_state_changed' event only gets fired reliably for non-zero input values. It gets fired for zero most of the time, too, but around one out of 3-4 times it won't, which is bad, because my application waits for that feedback. As a workaround, I'm calling the play function instead of the seek function in the case of a zero, but I would prefer not having to do this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for reporting. This bug is fixed now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Also have this problem. Except it never seems to work with 0. Could it be that you check if the position argument is undefined which would return true for a zero value.

Marked as solution

Thanks for reporting. This bug is fixed now.

Oh, this is awesome! I started getting the feeling no one from Spotify was ever looking into these issues. Thank you so much! Will try it out later today.

Suggested posts