Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Composers and Songwriters

Spotify for Composers and Songwriters

seeseebeats

In recent communication with Broadcast Music Inc (BMI) regarding receiving performance royalties on a 35 Mil+ streamed song - Joey Bada$$ - Legendary ft J Cole - which I am credited as composer, BMI statement team stated, after only receiving 17,558,080, 

**bleep**

“ As we said in previous emails, your foreign royalties include internet streams. This includes Spotify streams. However, you will not see itemized streaming data for your foreign royalties. However, you will not see the performance numbers though, because that information is not given to BMI.

We will continue to provide you with itemized domestic streaming data in future distributions, but your statements will never add up to 37 million, because foreign performance numbers are not given to BMI and thus will not be listed on your statements—despite receiving royalties for these streams.”

**bleep**

As a label owner / composer / songwriter myself with See See Beats - I have seen my music played all around the world thanks to Spotify for Artists details and the fans. 

Spotify for Composers and Songwriters is desperately needed to provide all songwriters around the world access for receiving performance royalties with their Performing Rights Organization to hopefully end the diminishing and anti-trade language that BMI, ASCAP and probably others around the world are using. Composers, musicians and songwriters are the basis of music that we all love around. Music comes from a  transparent place - the soul. Transparent technology and business opportunities thanks to Spotify needs to be soulful. The shared information for songwriters and composers from Spotify for Artists is needed so that all royalties can be paid. 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

SPOTIFY FOR COMPOSERS 2.jpg
SPOTIFY FOR COMPOSERS 1.jpg
SPOTIFY LEGENDARY STREAMS.png
0 Replies

Suggested posts