Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Store basic metadata for tracks/album/artist

Store basic metadata for tracks/album/artist

Is it possible to store basic metadata for tracks/albums/artists in my db from Spotify to let my users create a sort of mood-board from their favourites. I won't be storing any user specific data from Spotify and just the Name, URL and Cover image for the tracks and other data.

So is this possible or does it go against the Developer Agreement? 

1 Reply

According to the Spotify Developer Terms of Service, you are allowed to use the Spotify Platform and its metadata for non-commercial purposes as long as you comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement.

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you would be using the Spotify metadata (name, URL, cover image, etc.) to create a non-commercial mood-board for your users. As long as you do not use the Spotify metadata for any commercial purposes or in a way that violates the terms of the Spotify Developer Agreement, it should be okay to store the basic metadata for tracks/albums/artists in your database.

However, it's always a good idea to review the Spotify Developer Terms of Service to ensure that you are complying with all of the requirements and restrictions outlined in the agreement. Additionally, you may want to consult with a legal professional to ensure that your use of the Spotify metadata does not infringe on any copyrights or other intellectual property rights.

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts