Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Temporary 504 Bad Gateway Error

Temporary 504 Bad Gateway Error

Hi !

Since couple of days now the Spotify API is returning more and more (often by group of 5 minutes) a 504 Bad Gateway Error to all our requests (whatever they are on https://api.spotify.com/v1/.......).

Did you got some servers issues recently and are you working on that ? 

Thank you for your help !

6 Replies

Hey @blackarcanis, help's here! 

Hmm, that doesn't sound right! Are you still having issues with this? If so, could you let me know the exact response from the API? I'd love to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks, have a good one!

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes still having the issue, got many 504 Errors right now and since a couple of hours for example today.
No response from the API at all, the 504 Bad gateway is a network error message.

It's happening time to time but more and more often since couple of weeks.

Hey @blackarcanis, roger that!

Let's get to the bottom of this. What is the exact request you're making (leave out the access token). Also, what kind of authorisation do you use? Let's see what I can suggest.

Thanks, have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

It's happening on every requests we can do. It's look like more a DNS issue on "api.spotify.com" as it's returning a 504 Gateway Timeout and nothing else.

The Spotify API calls we are doing in our app are working well since many years so sure it's not an issue there for sure (and as the time I'm writing this message, as is working well again).

But when the issue is happening, it seems to be on GET method like searching a track, get favorite tracks, playlists or tracks in a playlist (e.g. GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/1fRPkHUXuHsH2jRaTKVCAD/tracks).

Hey @blackarcanis,

Thanks for the information here. I’m going to dive deeper into this. What kind of authorization do you use when making requests to the API? I’ll pass this all on to the right folks. 

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

Thank you for your help !
We are adding an header with "Authorization: Bearer XXXXXX" to each requests.

Suggested posts