Announcements

allow play back from a particular timestamp in the Android Remote SDK

allow play back from a particular timestamp in the Android Remote SDK

Music Fan

Hey guys, was wondering if the Android SDK can allow this like the Web API already does. It would be great to allow playing a track from a starting position.

This feature would improve experience in the following use case:

The current hack involves calling play() first, then calling seekTo() in the result callback. The problem is that often the user will briefly hear the beginning of the track before that jumps to the requested position which is not ideal. 

I remember seeing this issue raised more than once in the github issue tracker but I don't see it being addressed properly. It  would be great if you could let us know if this is in the pipeline or even it isn't so that we can plan a workaround accordingly, although I pray that it is since it is super-critical to the app we are working on. We've been at it for over 7 months in the hope that this fix would arrive soon but we're getting a bit nervous now.

2 Replies

Re: allow play back from a particular timestamp in the Android Remote SDK

Music Fan
Hi @spotifyjosh,
Any update on this? posted this quite a while back

Re: allow play back from a particular timestamp in the Android Remote SDK

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @rohitganapathy, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

There's a suggestion on Github: https://github.com/spotify/android-sdk/issues/247 for this. I suggest keeping an eye out there for updates. The team will get back there as soon as there are updates about this. Let me know if you have any questions!

Take care,

Hubo

HuboRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS