Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• mekala02
  • Casual Listener
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes

Search up lyrics to find a song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue or suggestionMy suggestion is that where the search bar is, there should be a way to search ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue or sugge...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS Authentication with installed Spotify App

Hi,I have an iOS app that integrates with the Spotify API, and currently, users log in via Safari with their username and password through the Spotify Auth flow. One of the biggest pain points for my users is the login flow--they don't remember their...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have an iOS app that integrates with the Spotify API, and currently, users log in via Safari with their username and password through the Spotify Auth flow.   One of the biggest pain po...
  • adcohen
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Design Guidelines Clarification for Authentication

In the Design / Branding guide, I do not see anything about authentication. Is a simple button that says "Connect to Spotify" fine? The suggested text for linking of "OPEN SPOTIFY" or "PLAY ON SPOTIFY" etc. don't seem to fit this case, and if using t...

• Regular
  • In the Design / Branding guide, I do not see anything about authentication. Is a simple button that says "Connect to Spotify" fine? The suggested text for linking of "OPEN SPOTIFY" or "PLAY ON SPOTIF...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Design Guidelines Clarification for Attribution / Linking

I have been reading through the Design Guidelines before submitting my app for a quota extension. My app has a playing view which I would like to make sure is compliant with Spotify's standards.Under "Attribution," the attribution.svg graphic shows p...

adcohen_0-1670923324316.png adcohen_1-1670923324315.png
  • Regular
  • I have been reading through the Design Guidelines before submitting my app for a quota extension. My app has a playing view which I would like to make sure is compliant with Spotify's standards. U...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong link in documentation

My Question or IssueOn the Authorization Scopes | Spotify for Developers page, under the section titled "user-read-recently-played", the link titled "Get Current User's Recently Played Tracks" directs to the API reference for "Get Currently Playing T...

• My Question or Issue On the Authorization Scopes | Spotify for Developers page, under the section titled "user-read-recently-played", the link titled "Get Current User's Recently Played Tr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Add Tracks to Playlist issue (ordering is incorrect)

I am working on an application where I need the ordering of the tracks to be in the same order listed in the request body. Spotify documentation promises this: The position to insert the items, a zero-based index. For example, to insert the items in ...

• I am working on an application where I need the ordering of the tracks to be in the same order listed in the request body. Spotify documentation promises this:   The position to insert the ite...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Add Music Into Playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Playback SDK: 404 device not found

We are getting 404 message when trying to play music on our embedded Spotify player. We did not change anything in the code, the app just stopped working. This is now a big problem that has appeared on multiple threads in the forum and I don't unders...

• Regular
  • We are getting 404 message when trying to play music on our embedded Spotify player.  We did not change anything in the code, the app just stopped working.    This is now a big prob...
  • john_insomniac
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

AD_account_id API call does not return all accounts

I am using this https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/ads-api/reference/#/operations/get_adAccountsto create an API call to get info on ad_account_id .I needed it in order to get some other information out of Spotify, including, getting a repor...

• Regular
  • I am using this https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/ads-api/reference/#/operations/get_adAccounts to create an API call to get info on ad_account_id . I needed it in order to get some other...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

skip to previous song button not functioning and music is on a certain shuffle

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App and Feature
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Iphone 11)Operating System(iOS 16) My Question or IssueI’m searching a song and listening. Then i click the next button. But it’s not working. Then i’m clicking the same song second time. Then i clicking the next button...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Iphone 11) Operating System (iOS 16)   My Question or Issue I’m searching a song and listening. Then i click the next button. But it’s not working. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify DESIGN GUIDELINES for VR?

Hi!We are building a Voice controlled, 30s Spotify app for the Meta Head Set, using the Spotify (and Google's Dialogflow) end points.You can see a clip on this WebSite."https://www.dfassistants.com"Our question is there Spotify DESIGN GUIDELINES for ...

• Music Fan
  •   Hi! We are building a Voice controlled, 30s Spotify app for the Meta Head Set, using the Spotify (and Google's Dialogflow) end points. You can see a clip on this WebSite. "https://www.dfas...
  • herbertrush
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unity

My goal to setup a play an Audio Stream from Spotify into the Unity Game Engine platform. Unity has an AudioSource that usually likes url based audio files .wav,.mp3,.. but I don't how to feed Spotify End Point data info into the Audiosource. Its a f...

• Music Fan
  •   My goal to setup a play an Audio Stream from Spotify into the Unity Game Engine platform.   Unity has an AudioSource that usually likes url based audio files .wav,.mp3,.. but I don'...
  • herbertrush
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • unity
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

invalid_client on api/token call

I'm using the Client Credentials Flow because I'm developing a web app. It's in Java and I'm using an Open Feign interface to call the Spotify API:@FeignClient(value = "spotifyAccountService", url = "https://accounts.spotify.com")public interface Spo...

• ...potifyAccountService", url = "https://accounts.spotify.com") public interface SpotifyAccountService { public static final String GRANT_TYPE = "client_credentials"; @PostMapping(value = "/api/token", // headers = "C...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify PRO account for DJ's

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello,Loyal fan of Spotify for years! ( Family Subscription )I've been a DJ myself, and some...

• Plan Premium Country Belgium Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello, Loy...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    DJ
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! 403 on oEmbed from a hosted server

I'm trying to implement automatic embedding of spotify tracks/albums etc in a blog site.But it is being blocked.When I try this at home: curl -v "https://open.spotify.com/episode/7makk4oTQel546B0PZlDM5" I get the JSON returned just fine. It includes ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to implement automatic embedding of spotify tracks/albums etc in a blog site. But it is being blocked. When I try this at home:     curl -v "https://open.spotify.com/e...
  • MrFollies
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Could You Do More With Linux

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Like buttom

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuewhen I listen to spotify on the phone and the screen is locked, but spotify shows which song ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue when I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Authentication Error when trying to create new playlist on my own account

PlanPremiumCountry: USA Device(Macbook Pro 1st Gen M1)Operating System(MacOS Ventura 13.0.1) My Question or Issue I am trying to write a python script that just scrapes other users' playlists and adds songs in them to my own playlist. When running th...

• Plan Premium Country: USA   Device (Macbook Pro 1st Gen M1) Operating System (MacOS Ventura 13.0.1)   My Question or Issue   I am trying to write a python script that just s...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authentication
    AuthenticationClient
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

TIP: Creating an Integrated Platform

Criação de uma plataforma parecida com uma rede social, você escutaria suas musicas no spotify e todos saberiam oque você esta escutando, podendo escutar junto, interagir por meio de um chat no perfil da pessoa. esta e uma mera forma de descrever a i...

• Visitor
  •   Criação de uma plataforma parecida com uma rede social, você escutaria suas musicas no spotify e todos saberiam oque você esta escutando, podendo escutar junto, interagir por meio de um chat ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dica
    plataforma.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Determine if user has premium subscription

My web app allows the user to stream spotify content. The sdk only works for those with a premium subscription. Is it possible to determine if a user has a premium subscription? There is an end point to get users profile, but I cant see anything that...

• Regular
  • My web app allows the user to stream spotify content. The sdk only works for those with a premium subscription. Is it possible to determine if a user has a premium subscription?  There is an end...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes