Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• mekala02
  • Casual Listener
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Devices WEB API

Hi there I recently started using the spotify Web API. I would like to play music on my sonos. But it seems like spotify connect devices are not listed under /me/player/devicesThis endpoint does not show my sonos as a device https://developer.spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there   I recently started using the spotify Web API. I would like to play music on my sonos.  But it seems like spotify connect devices are not listed under /me/player/devices Thi...
  • Dynam1x
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 9 likes

Question How to index website on google quickly and effectively?

Hello everyone, I have 1 website: https://fancytexttool.net/However, it has not ranked high on google because the index rate is still low. I look forward to receiving advice and guidance from everyone. Thank you !PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone...

• Hello everyone, I have 1 website: https://fancytexttool.net/ However, it has not ranked high on google because the index rate is still low. I look forward to receiving advice and guidance from every...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Api: Get a artist's cover image.

HI, I am trying to find way to get with Web API artist's cover image (for example Billie Eilish cover image: https://i.scdn.co/image/ab6761860000660e9dfab1cdba3d588674fd8bcd) not artist song image. - It can be done with scraping the web page, but thi...

• Casual Listener
  • HI, I am trying to find way to get with Web API artist's cover image (for example Billie Eilish cover image: https://i.scdn.co/image/ab6761860000660e9dfab1cdba3d588674fd8bcd) not artist song image. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

track streams

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicehpOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueHi, I want to find out if there is a Spotify API that allows devs to build withspecifically, one that allows tracking activities like when someone streams a song or watche...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device hp Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Hi, I want to find out if there is a Spotify API that allows devs to build with specifica...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to know if an artist has a distributor or no?

Hi,I am doing a research on data from Spotify API. Is there any possibility to find out if an artist has a music distributor or he is on Spotify on his own? If yes, how? Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am doing a research on data from Spotify API.  Is there any possibility to find out if an artist has a music distributor or he is on Spotify on his own? If yes, how?  Thank you
  • DougMartens
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
    distributor
    research
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Easier way to move things around

I would really like a way to mark/select multiple tracks for easier transferring between playlists. At the moment I'm doing it one by one and I have more than one thousand tracks. PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceMotorola something?Operating SystemAndr...

• Visitor
  • I would really like a way to mark/select multiple tracks for easier transferring between playlists. At the moment I'm doing it one by one and I have more than one thousand tracks.  Plan Premi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Wish
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Confused about extended quota request

I'm working on an iOS app that is nearly ready for release, and I'm a bit confused about how the extended quota request works. Obviously if I release the app before having the quota extension, I'll be limited to 25 curated users...I'd rather not have...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm working on an iOS app that is nearly ready for release, and I'm a bit confused about how the extended quota request works. Obviously if I release the app before having the quota extension, I'll b...
  • benfrearson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota Extension Support

Hello, I'm wondering if Spotify offers support for quota extension requests other than the forums? Dealing with this is now extremely frustrating. I've been denied twice, with explanations that do not even feel relevant to my use case. Further, I had...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm wondering if Spotify offers support for quota extension requests other than the forums? Dealing with this is now extremely frustrating. I've been denied twice, with explanations t...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Quota Extension
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding my voice on my playlists, can I ?

So, is it or will it be possible ? I mean: I'd love to add brief vocals at the end of a single song for some of my favourite playlists made by me: it's like adding some emotion ! I have a free plan but I would pay a premium if it will allow me to add...

• Casual Listener
  • So, is it or will it be possible ? I mean: I'd love to add brief vocals at the end of a single song for some of my favourite playlists made by me: it's like  adding some emotion !  I have ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming via connected account allowed as a secondary widget within a SDA?

I'm making a freemium app and wanted to offer access to several curated playlists on Spotify for the user to listen to (or not) while using the app. The user would connect to the spotify api via their own spotify account and it would essentially be t...

• I'm making a freemium app and wanted to offer access to several curated playlists on Spotify for the user to listen to (or not) while using the app. The user would connect to the spotify api via thei...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Get historical track from playlist

My Question or IssueI'd like to code an api that retrieves tracks from a playlist. I've read the documentation and I've saw the playlist_tracks() and it's exactly what I want. However, there are several playlists that change, for example, Top 50 worl...

• My Question or Issue I'd like to code an api that retrieves tracks from a playlist. I've read the documentation and I've saw the playlist_tracks() and it's exactly what I want.   However, the...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify web api : event/item_ready or resume queries error 400

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicewindows browserOperating Systemwindows 10My Question or IssueThis problem made me crazy, I have to present my app in 2 days, today morning everything was working well, then after lunch, without touching anything I have t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device windows browser Operating System windows 10 My Question or Issue This problem made me crazy, I have to present my app in 2 days, today morning everything w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Playback API
    web playback sdk
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

On fetch call getting PUT https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player 502

The console.log(response) object says the status code is 202 in my developer console (google chrome).But then it gives me 502 bad gateway for the PUT request. useEffect(() => { const script = document.createElement("script"); script.src = "https://sd...

• Visitor
  • The console.log(response) object says the status code is 202 in my developer console (google chrome). But then it gives me 502 bad gateway for the PUT request.          ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Requested scope extension September 2nd, but haven't heard back since

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Deviceweb? Hi – we requested a scope extension about a week ago, but haven't heard back anything yet. Is there anything we can do to help the process along? We want to add streaming to the website (so that users don't need to do...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device web?   Hi – we requested a scope extension about a week ago, but haven't heard back anything yet. Is there anything we can do to help the process a...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • extension
    extension request
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Playback SDK sometimes produces 400 response on item_ready endpoint

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceWeb Playback SDK (Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit))Operating SystemUbuntu 20.04 My Question or Issue Hi there, I use the Web Playback SDK for playback in an Angular app. About 1 in 5 times, ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Web Playback SDK (Google Chrome Version 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)) Operating System Ubuntu 20.04   My Question or Issue   H...
  • phantom_fdz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Linux - only 50 song are played

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceLinux DesktopOperating SystemDebian My Question or IssueWith a playlist of 20 hours, more than 250 songs. Can you explain me why the queue is alwasy with same 50 songs?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Linux Desktop Operating System Debian   My Question or Issue With a playlist of 20 hours, more than 250 songs.  Can you explain me why the queue...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Currently Playing Track

Hi, I have recently started using the spotify developer api. I have experimented with https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-users-currently-playing-track/To use the endpoint I generated a temporary token using the "Get Token" button to test out t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have recently started using the spotify developer api. I have experimented with https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-users-currently-playing-track/ To use the endpoint I generated a tempo...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Authorize endpoint blocked due to MIME mismatch

DeviceMacbook Pro My Question or IssueI am trying to get login to work following the Authorization Code Flow. I thought I followed most of the guide, but keep running into a "Resource was blocked due to MIME type mismatch" error (Image Below). Someti...

ElkeTea_0-1662698004113.png
  • Device Macbook Pro   My Question or Issue I am trying to get login to work following the Authorization Code Flow. I thought I followed most of the guide, but keep running into a "Resource wa...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account issue

PlanPremiumDevice( Samsung)Operating System(Android 12) I would like my current email that I use to be in the beta program, rather than the one that is associated the the app. The reason is that I don't use that email anymore and it's not connected t...

• Plan Premium Device ( Samsung) Operating System (Android 12)   I would like my current email that I use to be in the beta program, rather than the one that is associated the the app....
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Playback SDK not playing on iOS 15

Web Playback SDK doesn't work on iOS 15.Works on older iOS versions (tested on 12.5.5, was working on 14) as well as various Android versions.The playback is transferred to the device in the browser but does not play or resume even when using activat...

• Casual Listener
  • Web Playback SDK doesn't work on iOS 15. Works on older iOS versions (tested on 12.5.5, was working on 14) as well as various Android versions. The playback is transferred to the device in...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes