Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

iOS: Track not play

I have used Spotify APIs and use the SpotifyAudioPlayback framework to play the tracks all are working fine 5-6 days ago but recently I face an issue with the track player it gives me an error for Premium Account required but my account is already pr...

• Regular
  • I have used Spotify APIs and use the SpotifyAudioPlayback framework to play the tracks all are working fine 5-6 days ago but recently I face an issue with the track player  it gives me an error...
  • wiiwiiw
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS Development
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

30-band EQ apps broken with SDK change: screenshot comparison with Spotify’s own 6-band EQ.

Spotify, Please note how the SDK change has ruined my enjoyment of your service by comparing these screenshots of MyuRa (on iOS) 30-band EQ (with 0.1 db of precision) with Spotify’s integrated 6-band EQ… an EQ that doesn’t even provide numerical feed...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify,    Please note how the SDK change has ruined my enjoyment of your service by comparing these screenshots of MyuRa (on iOS) 30-band EQ (with 0.1 db of precision) with Spotify’s in...
  • daveisthemusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • eq
    SDK
    streaming
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Question about downloading

I want to control spotify to download songs through SDK in my appBecause I have been offline for a long timeI want to connect to Spotify and get a tracklist when I'm offlineOf course it's better to play musicHelp!!!Thanks!!!

• I want to control spotify to download songs through SDK in my app Because I have been offline for a long time I want to connect to Spotify and get a tracklist when I'm offline Of course it's bette...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to return all playlists that include a specific track

Hello, I'm interested in creating a tool that returns all playlists that include a certain track. The tool would be similar to the one used in these websites: https://www.chosic.com/spotify-playlist-search-tool-by-song-or-artist/https://vibify.net/Ex...

• Hello, I'm interested in creating a tool that returns all playlists that include a certain track. The tool would be similar to the one used in these websites:  https://www.chosic.com/spotify-p...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Query
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Getting track genre data without logging in.

PlanPremiumI am currently developing an app for personal use, that should fetch the genre of a track If I provide track ID. This I belive Is possible, but only with authentication/logging in. Is there a method where I can avoid logging in, since all ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium I am currently developing an app for personal use, that should fetch the genre of a track If I provide track ID. This I belive Is possible, but only with authentication/logging in. Is ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    API request
    music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

drag songs so you can place them wherever you like in playlist

My Question or Issuewhy is it that i cant drag a song in my playlist and place it wherever i like in the playlist its so depressing that you cant place them in any order you like. like when i find a new artist or something and add 5 songs to my playl...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue why is it that i cant drag a song in my playlist and place it wherever i like in the playlist its so depressing that you cant place them in any order you like. like when i find ...
  • Aimarekin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

WEB Playback SDK Demo app doesn't work in build version

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceAcer Nitro 5 AN515-57Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI was trying to build an Fake UI for Spotify. First i created the ui and added interactivity using React.js. In production version, started using "npm r...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I was trying to build an Fake UI for Spotify. First i created the ui and add...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Web Playback API
    Web SDK custom player
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding Favorite artists onto profile

PlanPremiumCountryAny country should have access to it, however I'm from AustraliaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI evidently don't have any issues f...

• ...bsp;Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I evidently don't have any issues for Spotify, however I believe having the ability to pick your own favorite artists and making it publicly v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums with tracks restricted by product

PlanFree My Question or IssueHi, I'm using the REST API, more specifically, the "Get Album Tracks" operation. According to the official docs (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-track) the reasons for restri...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm using the REST API, more specifically, the "Get Album Tracks" operation. According to the official docs (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/...
  • juaaloval
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No stats

There are no danceability energy positiveness liveness stats for seven of my songs in my album the Evolution Of. Where are they? My Spotify Artist name is Abs2217.

• There are no danceability energy positiveness liveness stats for seven of my songs in my album the Evolution Of. Where are they? My Spotify Artist name is Abs2217.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist full

any one got this problem..?   

Screenshot_2022-09-01-11-21-53-955_com.microsoft.emmx.png Screenshot_2022-09-01-11-15-46-687_com.spotify.music.png
  • Casual Listener
  • any one got this problem..?    
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Having Issue Problem With Using Spotify

PlanFree CountryMalaysia Device(Dell Inspiron 15 3000)Operating System(Window 11) My Question or IssueDear Spotify Developers i am having problem with using Spotify. The Spotify server somehow cant even auto connect access through Discord or somehow ...

•   Plan Free   Country Malaysia   Device (Dell Inspiron 15 3000) Operating System (Window 11)   My Question or Issue Dear Spotify Developers   i am having probl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Problem with connection
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

multiple instances of Web Playback

Hey, I was wondering if the following scenario will be possible to implement, I'm assuming that yes but I have troubles creating a proof of concept, let me explain: I would like to create an application which for now will play random songs from Spoti...

Screenshot 2022-06-22 222420.png
  • Regular
  • Hey,  I was wondering if the following scenario will be possible to implement, I'm assuming that yes but I have troubles creating a proof of concept, let me explain:   I would like to cr...
  • polishwonderboy
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Error code 503: upstream connection error

I am currently developing a script that interacts with the spotify api, everything worked fine yesterday but today it only gives back a error code 503 and when i read the response, it is "upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. res...

• I am currently developing a script that interacts with the spotify api, everything worked fine yesterday but today it only gives back a error code 503 and when i read the response, it is "upstream co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

post calendar API

Anyone who knows if spotify API support post calendar events to Spotify artists?

• Visitor
  • Anyone who knows if spotify API support post calendar events to Spotify artists?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api calendar
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find most played track of a playlist

Is there any way to find out what the most played track within a playlist is?Can it be done using the web API?

• Visitor
  • Is there any way to find out what the most played track within a playlist is? Can it be done using the web API?
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web-api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Internal Server Error on Get Playback State

PlanFreeCountryItalyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My IssueHello, i just created a java software that should count the time i spend listening music on spotify, it requests every second the playback state and then update the time with an algorithm...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Italy Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Issue Hello, i just created a java software that should count the time i spend listening music on spotify, it request...
  • Dani_210
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple subdomains for one of my apps

Hi everyone, I have multiple sites on one domain. Examples: https://sub1.domain.com/https://sub2.domain.com/Can I use multiple subdomains for one of my apps? it will be the same ClientId and SecretId but it is different redirect_uri. Thank

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone,  I have multiple sites on one domain. Examples:  https://sub1.domain.com/ https://sub2.domain.com/ Can I use multiple subdomains for one of my apps?  it will be the...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Playback SDK, error: "Token does not satisfy scope."

I'm getting the following error when initialising the Web Playback SDK in a browser, error: "Token does not satisfy scope."However immediately after returning with this Error the SDK(usually) then connects correctly. Although sometimes it is failing ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...treaming', 'user-read-private', 'playlist-read-collaborative', 'playlist-modify-public', 'playlist-read-private', 'playlist-modify-private', 'user-library-modify', 'user-library-r...
  • RobLoren
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Help
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Heisann PlanFreeCountrynorwayDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question

• Visitor
  • Heisann 🎨 🐯 💮 Plan Free Country norway Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Questi...
  • HalfNathan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes