Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

Request for dataset on number of users

Country United Kingdom My Question or IssueI would like to request a dataset on the number of spotify users per country for everyday of 2017. Usually I would do this via the API however this is currently not possible in the current API. As an example...

• ...nclusive. If this is possible please either link the dataset publicly or send it to the email attached to this account. If not possible, could you explain the reason(s) why? Thank you.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Data Request
    dataset
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Access artist page information

I am hoping to build a music discovery/listening activity expiration interface, and I would like to be able to directly query information from the artist "about" page-specifically, I want to be able to access the top 5 listening locations that come u...

• I am hoping to build a music discovery/listening activity expiration interface, and I would like to be able to directly query information from the artist "about" page-specifically, I want to be able ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Several Browse Categories returning Chinese in response

My Question or IssueHi, I made a call to the Get Several Browse Categories API and the category names are Chinese in the response. It was working fine until a while ago, so I'm not sure why it's suddenly coming like this. I'm from India by the way. 

Image Pasted at 2022-3-21 22-47.png
  •   My Question or Issue Hi, I made a call to the Get Several Browse Categories API and the category names are Chinese in the response. It was working fine until a while ago, so I'm not sure why...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Developer] Charts for podcasts by podcast ID

Hi!My idea is to create an endpoint to return a list with the most listened episodes by the podcast id.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! My idea is to create an endpoint to return a list with the most listened episodes by the podcast id.  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution 3rd Party API Changes?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIs Spotify making is so that 3rd Party music servers have to use 'Connect' or is the API goin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Is Spot...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Update endpoint for lyrics

Plan: PremiumCountry: IT Hi support. I'm trying to make a personal device that show current song lyrics. The problem is with your api that don't give developer access to this endpoint.Even when i found an endpoint for the lyrics it return error 403 s...

• Plan: Premium Country: IT   Hi support. I'm trying to make a personal device that show current song lyrics. The problem is with your api that don't give developer access to this endpoint...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution GET /v1/me/top/tracks 403 Error

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy app is currently in development mode. I'm using the client credentials OAuth flow. I've already set up my dashboard, registered my app, gotten my client id and client secret. I am trying to get my top...

• ...ince the playlists I want to fetch are all public anyways. Including a scope does not resolve the issue though.
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Development of native app with playback in background

Dear Spotify,we are currently in the prototyping phase of a new app (Android/iOS), which allows the playback of selected playlists/albums/tracks of spotify.To do this job, one can use either the Web Playback SDK or the native SDKs for Android or iOS....

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify, we are currently in the prototyping phase of a new app (Android/iOS), which allows the playback of selected playlists/albums/tracks of spotify. To do this job, one can use either the ...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Persistent personal access token

Hi folks, Is there a way to generate a persistent access token for my own account -- I'd like to write some automation that runs during a build script for something that pulls some data from my own account. Due to this being an automated build script...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks,   Is there a way to generate a persistent access token for my own account -- I'd like to write some automation that runs during a build script for something that pulls some data from...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Developer] Back button not working properly when using Spotify applink

Device: LG G7, Galaxy Z-Flip 3Operating System: Android 10 On Android, the back button does not work when you open a playlist link using a view intent and setting the calling app's package name in the extras (EXTRA_REFERRER).I followed the instructio...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: LG G7, Galaxy Z-Flip 3 Operating System: Android 10   On Android, the back button does not work when you open a playlist link using a view intent and setting the callin...
  • hajiko
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Developer] Add functionality to osascript

I'm working on being able to control spotify local with the osascript api and I've found it really useful and fun, but it's missing very necessary functionality to actually use. Nothing like the web api, but simply being able to control your queue wo...

• Visitor
  • I'm working on being able to control spotify local with the osascript api and I've found it really useful and fun, but it's missing very necessary functionality to actually use. Nothing like the web ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keep getting 415 ('Unsupported Media Type') when trying to refresh and access token.

Hi all,Anyone dealt with a 415 response- error when trying to refresh and access token? See attached file to see code.

• Hi all, Anyone dealt with a 415 response- error when trying to refresh and access token?  See attached file to see code.   
  • serahrono
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • refresh token
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution preview_url is 404

I'm calling Get a Track API using the following track_id to get preview url. Sample 1 GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/6nnyNtQlMYz0hAbElgGYVm Response: "preview_url": "https://p.scdn.co/mp3-preview/390a59df2a79986224bf6efa45de8e6974666f46?cid=77...

• Regular
  • I'm calling Get a Track API using the following track_id to get preview url.   Sample 1     GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/6nnyNtQlMYz0hAbElgGYVm Response: "preview_url": ...
  • serahrono
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Get Track's Audio Analysis -- 404 analysis not found

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSpotify Web API My Question or IssueWhen using the "Get Track's Audio Analysis" endpoint, the response is consistently 404 "analysis not found." When testing the endpoint with over 20 songs, including popula...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States   Device Spotify Web API   My Question or Issue When using the "Get Track's Audio Analysis" endpoint, the response is consistently 404 "anal...
  • th3xer0
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

CORS Policy Error Playlist Image Cover Set

I have been unable to use the set playlist image cover api. I am creating a web app and using next js and have been able to get this to work. I consistently get a has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on ...

• I have been unable to use the set playlist image cover api. I am creating a web app and using next js and have been able to get this to work. I consistently get a has been blocked by CORS policy...
  • rishisheth
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Logging in with an account other than mine returns 403.

Currently Spotify does not allow sharing saved song lists, so I deployed an app in Vercel that converts saved song lists into a new playlist. URL : https://spotify-playlist-splitter.vercel.app/ When I log in with my account, the various APIs return 2...

• ...laylist-modify-public I used DeepL to post this topic. Sorry if I didn't make sense.
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The /v1/me/playlists endpoint randomly returns 404

Anyone from the Spotify team here? The /v1/me/playlists endpoint has been randomly returning 404 errors for a few days now. Please see the attached screenshot.

• Music Fan
  • Anyone from the Spotify team here?   The /v1/me/playlists endpoint has been randomly returning 404 errors for a few days now.   Please see the attached screenshot.  
  • timocov
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast API to submit automatically

Hello, Does Spotify have or plan to have a podcast show publishing API? Automatically like others platforms. Thanks, Best,

• Hello,   Does Spotify have or plan to have a podcast show publishing API? Automatically like others platforms.   Thanks,   Best,
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    feed
    podcast
    submit
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Publishing Web API data in academic papers

We are a group of students who wrote an academic paper for a project in our bachelor's degree program. It uses data from the Spotify Web API to attempt to classify songs into musical genres based on audio features.The dataset is only comprised of dat...

• We are a group of students who wrote an academic paper for a project in our bachelor's degree program. It uses data from the Spotify Web API to attempt to classify songs into musical genres based on ...
  • alvaron
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

TypeError: Cannot add negative msPlayed value

Im bring to use the web api to play songs (one by one - not playlist)and I get the following at the html. [Error] TypeError: Cannot add negative msPlayed value: -9(anonymous function) (index.js:18:264819)(anonymous function) (index.js:18:259217)(anon...

• Casual Listener
  • Im bring to use the web api to play songs (one by one - not playlist) and I get the following at the html.   [Error] TypeError: Cannot add negative msPlayed value: -9 (anonymous function) (...
  • jfost784
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web SDK
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes