Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

[API] How to get public playlists that aren't on a user's profile?

I want to be able to get a list of my own public playlists from the API regardless of whether they have been added to my profile or not. Currently when I make a request against /playlists I get the public playlists on my profile, but not those public...

• I want to be able to get a list of my own public playlists from the API regardless of whether they have been added to my profile or not. Currently when I make a request against /playlists I get the public...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Developer
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listener data by city

I notice that services such as SoundCharts & ChartMetric have paid plans where you can access monthly listener data for an artist that even displays listeners by city.Is this information accurate?Also, how are they accessing this data, I can't seem t...

• Visitor
  • ...ccurate? Also, how are they accessing this data, I can't seem to find it on the public API.  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

the play button on unadded music

Spotify should add the music play button back on unadded songs so that we can hear a snippet of the song from pressing it, I'm not sure why they took it off but it was a good feature/tool.

• Visitor
  • Spotify should add the music play button back on unadded songs so that we can hear a snippet of the song from pressing it, I'm not sure why they took it off but it was a good feature/tool.  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

increase plays artificially?

so, i have coded an app using the Spotify api to reward users for streaming music on Spotify. user can be rewarded for any song, no exclusions. when requesting an upgrade to the API (so that i can make the app public) the response was: The Spotify Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ake the app public) the response was:  The Spotify Platform can not be used to artificially increase play counts, follow counts or to otherwise manipulate the Spotify Service. For example, by u...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 403 Accessing /me/top/artists or /me/player/recently-played

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceMacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)Operating SystemOSX My Question or IssueI am using the web API from React using axios to get player information successfully by calling:https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/playerhttps://api....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia   Device MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Operating System OSX    My Question or Issue I am using the web API from React using axios to g...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where can I get the eSDK?

I'd like to try out the eSDK (non commercially). On the webpage it states that for commercial products you need to apply as a partner before you can sell it (same as the other SDK's). Which makes me assume that non commercially it's available for eve...

• I'd like to try out the eSDK (non commercially). On the webpage it states that for commercial products you need to apply as a partner before you can sell it (same as the other SDK's). Which makes me ...
  • samlerner
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • embedded
    esdk
    hardware
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

iOS SDK returning code = XXX instead of access_token = XXX

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone, iPad)Operating System(iOS 14+) My Question or IssueHi all! We use SPTSessionManager from the iOS SDK to get authorization. When doing SPTSessionManager.initiateSession, we used to get back access_token = XXX URL...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone, iPad) Operating System (iOS 14+)   My Question or Issue Hi all! We use SPTSessionManager from the iOS SDK to get authorization. When do...
  • xabaddonx
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 404 when trying to access streams

PlanFreeCountryUK DeviceMacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)Operating SystemMonterey 12.4 My Question or Issue Hi there I've been successfully accessing the audio-features part of the API, but trying to access the streams I'm getting a 404. I have pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country UK   Device MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) Operating System Monterey 12.4   My Question or Issue   Hi there   I've been successfully accessing...
  • Anne20
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Add Items to Playlist 404 Errors

Hello! We've been receiving many intermittent 404 errors upon hitting the Add Items to Playlist route through the Spotify Web API. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong the playlists in question here (They exist when we look them up via their URI a...

• Regular
  • ...uestion here (They exist when we look them up via their URI and they're all both public and non collaborative).    Let me know if providing an example playlist_id we're receiving errors f...
  • cezarb
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Enterprise API

Hi Spotify, I have an app where we are making millions of API calls a day and have over 200k active daily users. Who at Spotify can please help me get an enterprise API that has no limits. This is really crucial for us to keep growing. Please if anyo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify,   I have an app where we are making millions of API calls a day and have over 200k active daily users.   Who at Spotify can please help me get an enterprise API that has no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When is top tracks of a user updated in spotify api?

I was trying out this endpoint `/me/top/tracks`(https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-current-user-top-artists-and-tracks/) of spotify API. I wanted to know how frequently are these data updated.Are these data updated in real-time whenever the re...

• I was trying out this endpoint `/me/top/tracks`(https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-current-user-top-artists-and-tracks/) of spotify API. I wanted to know how frequently are these data upd...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Quota Request stuck "In Review" while a suspiciously similar App has been brought to the matket

Hey everyone, thank you for your help!My quota extension request has been "In review" for almost 2 weeks! Whereas usually the status will be either sent or reviewed, meanwhile, an extremely similar App concept has been announced, even taking the name...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone, thank you for your help! My quota extension request has been "In review" for almost 2 weeks! Whereas usually the status will be either sent or reviewed, meanwhile, an extremely similar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [AAOS] Missing functionality in spotify app for Android Automotive OS

Hello Spotify I work on media application for ANDROID AUTOMOTIVE OS (AAOS). And following requirements I should add features to take data from spotify Web Api(based on current song) then try to play something and handle spotify playback via remote me...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify 👋 I work on media application for ANDROID AUTOMOTIVE OS (AAOS). And following requirements I should add features to take data from spotify Web Api(based on current song) then try...
  • MichaelFerwer
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Access frame data to apply an algorithm

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceSmartphone Operating SystemLinuxMy Question or Issue Hey, how are you? I am trying to apply an algorithm to the frames coming from the CDN, because with higher loads of processing I can improve the audio quality experienc...

• Plan Premium Country Spain Device Smartphone  Operating System Linux My Question or Issue   Hey, how are you?    I am trying to apply an algorithm to the frames coming...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error parsing fields when requesting tracks.limit

PlanPremiumCountryCzechia My Question or IssueHi! It seems there is a problem when specifying "tracks.limit" field when calling get playlist endpoint (haven't tried others).You can request all other fields like this: "tracks.offset,tracks.next,tracks...

leoshusar_0-1654636289174.png
  • Plan Premium Country Czechia   My Question or Issue Hi! It seems there is a problem when specifying "tracks.limit" field when calling get playlist endpoint (haven't tried others). Yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am not receiving accurate results in the top tracks request.

Hello everyone.I have realized over the past two months that my request to request the most listened to songs in a four month period is not accurate.I don't really understand why, since other sites like spotifystats use the same api and it gives accu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone. I have realized over the past two months that my request to request the most listened to songs in a four month period is not accurate. I don't really understand why, since other sit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Next in queue" being replaced by "Next From" (Playback API Bug)

Hi, I'm currently developing a mobile app that uses /player/queue, /player/next, and /player/play methods of Web API. When ever I skip to the next song in "Next in queue" and then play a specific track uri, the "Next in queue" list disappears and is ...

• Hi,  I'm currently developing a mobile app that uses  /player/queue, /player/next, and /player/play methods of Web API.   When ever I skip to the next song in "Next in queue" and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting invalid_scope when we authenticate with Spotify App

PlanFree DeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueWhen we authenticate from Spotify App in my app. I am getting error in callback from Spotify Apprlrc-spotify://spotify-music-callback-spotify/?spotify_version=8.7.32.1667#error=invalid_scope P...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue When we authenticate from Spotify App in my app. I am getting error in callback from Spotify App rlrc-spotify://...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Does Client Credential flow allow access to user tracks & playlists?

PremiumUnited StatesPython 3.8MacOS My Question or Issue: Trying to pull my current tracks and playlists via Web API. Running locally using Python 3.8 requests but this will eventually become an AWS Lambda function. Tried to use the Authorization Cod...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium United States Python 3.8 MacOS   My Question or Issue:   Trying to pull my current tracks and playlists via Web API. Running locally using Python 3.8 requests but this will e...
  • thegriffff
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authentication
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 4xx Errors while fetching data

Country - Israel Device - Macbook Pro late 2016Operating System - iOS 10 Hi,I'm receiving 4xx errors when trying to fetch my client's data such as top 50 tracks and Spotify recommendations, although the authorization process is valid, the user accept...

• Casual Listener
  • Country - Israel   Device - Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System - iOS 10   Hi, I'm receiving 4xx errors when trying to fetch my client's data such as top 50 tracks and Sp...
  • Asaf_Krenzler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4xx
    Recommendations
    top tracks
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes