Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

When hi res audio format becomes available

People should be able to choose normal audio up to hi Res audio format, FLAC audio format 24 bit 192khz up to DSD 5.2mhz audio format. Depending what audio equipment can support it. FLAC is very common support and DSD is quite common with hi end audi...

• People should be able to choose normal audio up to hi Res audio format, FLAC audio format 24 bit 192khz up to DSD 5.2mhz audio format. Depending what audio equipment can support it. FLAC is very comm...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

developing extensions for desktop application

Hey,I was wondering, is it possible to develop some extensions for desktop application? What I mean by extension is something that will be embedded in an existing instance of Spotify application; for example Discord allows users to create such things...

• Regular
  • Hey, I was wondering, is it possible to develop some extensions for desktop application? What I mean by extension is something that will be embedded in an existing instance of Spotify application; f...
  • polishwonderboy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Option to lock the volume (scroll up/down on the crown) on iWatch?

I noticed if I’m wearing anything with long sleeves (sweater/jacket) over my iWatch and listening to music with Spotify I tend to randomly scroll the volume to either…blaring loud or wtf where is my music?? Is there an option to lock the volume while...

• Visitor
  • I noticed if I’m wearing anything with long sleeves (sweater/jacket) over my iWatch and listening to music with Spotify I tend to randomly scroll the volume to either…blaring loud or wtf where is my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Authorize Users with iOS SDK - NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840

My Question or Issue I am using one of the earliest version of the Spotify iOS SDK that doesn't use the app remote calls. Most recently, my app users are no longer able to be authorized. Once their session and token are expired and an attempt to rene...

• My Question or Issue   I am using one of the earliest version of the Spotify iOS SDK that doesn't use the app remote calls. Most recently, my app users are no longer able to be authorized. Onc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing menu bar disappear while connected with smart earphones or spkrs

When connect to smart earphones or speakers, the playback bar disappear, therefore there are simultaneous interruptions connected to smart earphones.

• Visitor
  • When connect to smart earphones or speakers, the playback bar disappear, therefore there are simultaneous interruptions connected to smart earphones.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting people with music

messaging with my contact and listening same music at same time with two or more person, this feature if added even more attractive

• Visitor
  • messaging with my contact and listening same music at same time with two or more person, this feature if added even more attractive   
  • dm17
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any working example how to modify user playlists from command line?

I'm trying to write a simple script that will make a playlist and add all tracks by specific artist (from all albums) to this playlist.For my code I'm using ruby and rspotify library, and it should be generally something like: playlist = RSpotify::Us...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm trying to write a simple script that will make a playlist and add all tracks by specific artist (from all albums) to this playlist. For my code I'm using ruby and rspotify library, and it should...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

player problem

I found that the player provided by the current sdk does not monitor the playback status of the current song. How do I know when the current song is finished playing? Is there any other way to monitor it?

• Casual Listener
  • I found that the player provided by the current sdk does not monitor the playback status of the current song. How do I know when the current song is finished playing? Is there any other way to monito...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • player
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Help with App Use Case

The app I am developing creates a simple audio wave of specific frequency and then user's choice of music is overlayed on top of this audio wave via Spotify Android SDK. The app is part of a research project aimed at providing treatment to people suf...

• The app I am developing creates a simple audio wave of specific frequency and then user's choice of music is overlayed on top of this audio wave via Spotify Android SDK. The app is part of a research...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Meeting the Design Guidelines from Unity

Plan : FreeCountry: US Device28 PlatformsOperating SystemUnity My Question or Issue I have a question about meeting the Spotify DESIGN GUIDELINES for building 3rd party apps. My Spotify App runs in Unity. To further complicate things,Unity runs on 28...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan : Free Country: US   Device 28 Platforms Operating System Unity   My Question or Issue   I have a question about meeting the Spotify DESIGN GUIDELINES for buildi...
  • herbert_rush
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Guidelines
    unity
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can someone please help me with my music app?

Im building app app and i want to use Spotify's API. I can show you the project if you're happy to get onboard.

• Visitor
  • Im building app app and i want to use Spotify's API. I can show you the project if you're happy to get onboard.     
  • herbert_rush
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IOS 11
    music
    Web Development
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

{"error":"unsupported_grant_type","error_description":"grant_type parameter is missing"} for Spotify

Using Spotify Documentation for Client Credential Flow (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization/client-credentials/)I was able to create an API request in javascript:function getoAuth () { const client_id = id; const ...

• Visitor
  • Using Spotify Documentation for Client Credential Flow (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization/client-credentials/) I was able to create an API request in javascrip...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Developer Policy 3.4 Clarification

The developer policy 3.4 says:Do not create any product or service which includes any non-interactive internet webcasting service. For example, you can’t create an application which plays content from a single source to several simultaneous listeners...

• Visitor
  • The developer policy 3.4 says: Do not create any product or service which includes any non-interactive internet webcasting service. For example, you can’t create an application which plays content f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accessing audio streams for audio DSP processing

Hi,I have developed an audio DSP algorithm for enhancing audio for the hearing impaired. The feedback I've had so far is that it greatly improves the experience for listeners.I'm exploring the possibilities of extending the reach of the algorithm int...

• Hi, I have developed an audio DSP algorithm for enhancing audio for the hearing impaired.  The feedback I've had so far is that it greatly improves the experience for listeners. I'm exploring ...
  • lucasoldi
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • DSP
    PCM
    plugin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for spotify specification json

hi all, im looking for the specification json file, for reference this github's api specifications. (https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/blob/main/schemas/v2.0/schema.json)i've found this but its not in json form (https://github.com/spotify/...

•   hi all,  im looking for the specification json file, for reference this github's api specifications. (https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/blob/main/schemas/v2.0/schema.json) i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify embed

Can I use the voice command functionality for Spotify embed in my app that I am building for commercial purpose?

• Can I use the voice command functionality for Spotify embed in my app that I am building for commercial purpose?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how to know if my song is featured in a editorial playlist with using API

Hello I'm Kensuke from Japan.Is there any way to know if my song is in a editorial playlist with using API?I can do this by searching my song's track id in each playlist ids getting from category's playlist, but it takes long time.I'd like to know th...

• Visitor
  • Hello I'm Kensuke from Japan. Is there any way to know if my song is in a editorial playlist with using API? I can do this by searching my song's track id in each playlist ids getting from category...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ultra-vybe
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing User Access to Application

I am developing a programing integrating the Spotify web API in a school project. After reading the guidelines provided by Spotify it has become evident that there needs to be an easy way for the user to opt out of using the application, removing our...

• I am developing a programing integrating the Spotify web API in a school project. After reading the guidelines provided by Spotify it has become evident that there needs to be an easy way for the use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    authorization
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Get User's Saved Tracks" is inaccurate

Plan: PremiumCountry: NA My Issue:My Spotify currently has a few new liked songs. The image below shows those songs. When I call "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks" I get the following response: https://pastebin.com/4N6JLtAd.There are a few discre...

tjtong2006_1-1649738274699.png
  • Plan: Premium Country: NA   My Issue: My Spotify currently has a few new liked songs. The image below shows those songs.   When I call "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks" I g...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes